Common Channel of 200

Tornveil

I have a Traditional DS, except my Cc is 200, my surgeon suggested that number even though he usually does the standard 100-125. I agreed am am happy with my choice.
I'm considered a lightweight in the world of DS'ers and have felt and have been dismissed by some in the FB group I've been a part of, it's been an odd thing lol. How do you guys feel about a Cc of 200 and yet having a trad DS (not the good old Hass Method obviously)

Our bodies are all different. I was a revision from a RNY to DS. My common channel is 75. I have never achieved my goal weight. I am maintaining a weight loss of 200 lbs. If a common channel of 200 was successful for you that is great.

The point of the Hess method is to customize common channel length to the individual because one size does not fit all. Your surgeon made a medical decision based on your unique circumstances. If your surgery yielded the results you and your surgeon were hoping to achieve, what is there to question?

My common channel is 175 and I’ve lost and maintained that loss of all my excess weight. My starting BMI was a whopping 35.2. My surgeon told me 175-200. I got him to agree to 175.

Even in many FB groups, there is prejudice cause many consider the DS “too extreme” and why not just get the sleeve type mentality. I am so glad that MedI are didn’t cover the sleeve at the time of my surgery. My first surgeon flat out told me it was too big a gun for me, to get the RNY. When I asked him about my requirement for NSAIDs, he just replied, just use opioids. I fired his ass.

Last edited:
I have a cookie cutter common channel of 100 cm. It's worked for me, but, echoing MsVee's comments, I think it's great that you received a bespoke approach that took into account your needs as an individual and yielded the desired outcome. :) The longer channel will be nice from a vitamin perspective.

Latest posts

Back