Common artificial sweetener linked to higher rates of heart attacks

southernlady

Administrator
Staff member
More research on artificial sweeteners. Not good news, especially for diabetics.

This just came out. I’m one who has discovered I’m allergic to all artificial sweeteners. They tear up my gut with as few as 3 grams in a single day. So I only use sugar and honey. Makes for an interesting life but I still managed to lose all my excess weight.

More research on artificial sweeteners. Not good news, especially for diabetics.

This just came out. I’m one who has discovered I’m allergic to all artificial sweeteners. They tear up my gut with as few as 3 grams in a single day. So I only use sugar and honey. Makes for an interesting life but I still managed to lose all my excess weight.

All? Or just the sugar alcohols? THOSE do me in, even the erythritol which THEY SAY won’t do that.

But I think I COULD use some of the older ones, but I don’t like them!

But I think I COULD use some of the older ones, but I don’t like them!
When I decided to stop using all artificial sweeteners about 6-7 years ago, I had gone down the rabbit hole of all the scare sites, looking at actual studies. I found just enough studies to justify MY getting off them, coupled with the fact that they were tearing up my gut. At that point I was still able to use Splenda but just stopped it. When I had the Bravo endoscopy and had to come off all my PPI’s and the only thing left for the last day was Tums, I was popping this like Tic Tacs. Turns out they had Splenda in them and my gut went nuts. In fact it was so bad the reflux was preferable. And up til then, Splenda had been the safe one for me.

Thanks for sharing. I had a sigh of relief in reading it was erythritol. Sugar alcohols are not compatible with my microbiome and I avoid them at all costs. I use Equal every day in my coffee, which is probably not my healthiest move...

I use Equal every day in my coffee, which is probably not my healthiest move...
Equal is aspartame. That’s the one with all the scare tactics all those years. I didn’t put much faith in the scare tactics but over the years they started niggling at the back of my mind. So when I did a google search on aspartame studies (which eliminated the really whacky claims and gave me solid sources), that’s when I decided to jump ship from all of them. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8227014/

Equal is aspartame. That’s the one with all the scare tactics all those years. I didn’t put much faith in the scare tactics but over the years they started niggling at the back of my mind. So when I did a google search on aspartame studies (which eliminated the really whacky claims and gave me solid sources), that’s when I decided to jump ship from all of them. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8227014/
Thanks for sharing this! I'll have to stop looking the other way about the effects, and maybe switch back to plain old sugar when I desire a touch of sweetness, though that's not a great answer either.

One particularly alarming aspect of this information of which I was previously unaware is the endocrine impact. We need to be extremely cautious about aspartame ingestion for my son, since his condition (Cushing's disease) is already associated with excessive ACTH and cortisol production and aspartame may be counterproductive to his treatment.

While sugar isn’t the best answer, at least it’s one we can handle at this point. I also use honey which has other benefits especially if you use local honey to your area.

Latest posts

Back