Coconut Water

stanh

Does/has anyone had coconut water to drink? Did it agree with you? Too many carbs?

Curious...

I had it at about 3.5 months, in the airport, when I realized I hardly drank anything all day and thought it might hydrate me faster than water (I don't really know if that's true or not) but it was too many carbs for a regular drink and I became very gassy about 2 hours later and had to race to a bathroom 2ce after landing. Not sure if it was the coconut water or the flight since I get gas pains when flying, but not too interested in trying again anytime soon!

I've looked at coconut waters but never had one. I know of the reported health benefits. While not "that" kind of coconut water this question prompted me to share one of my favorite bottled drinks....a coconut flavored beverage.

5 calories, not overly sweet, and a pinch of salty flavor. It might not be everyone's cup of tea, but if you like things like that - OMG I love this stuff! This brand has other 5 calorie flavors that don't have that pinch of salt. They're all good, but the Molokai Coconut is my all time favorite.

http://drinkbai.com/products/molokai-coconut

I've looked at coconut waters but never had one. I know of the reported health benefits. While not "that" kind of coconut water this question prompted me to share one of my favorite bottled drinks....a coconut flavored beverage.

5 calories, not overly sweet, and a pinch of salty flavor. It might not be everyone's cup of tea, but if you like things like that - OMG I love this stuff! This brand has other 5 calorie flavors that don't have that pinch of salt. They're all good, but the Molokai Coconut is my all time favorite.

Sounds good! I might have to give that a try.

I have tried many different kinds as I struggle with dehydration myself. They were all nasty to me. Very heavy feeling.

That sounds good but I don't think I have seen it around here.

I have never tried it but I am bored with unsweetened tea and crystal light.

MsVee

Me too @MsVee ! But coconut water is 1-strange and 2- full of carbs. I started using koolaid and sweetening it with stevia and also fruit & herb infusions. I used to love water so much and find it just icky now. I'm dying for seltzer but TRYING to be compliant for another few weeks til I reach the 6 month mark. I've had it a few times, one long weekend that's almost all I drank because the water where I was was totally undrinkable, and looking back that's also when my stomach capacity increased. Not sure if it's connected, but that's what a lot of people say and it makes me nervous. Who knew drinking would be the biggest struggle for me from day one and still at 5.5 months.

Latest posts

Back