Coconut Oil

Soontobelovely

Hi
I've been using coconut oil for occassional constipation and noticed such positive results with my skin. So I read that I can take approximately 2tbls everyday for my skin. I read that it also helps curb the appetite and reduce belly fat. However, that is not the case for me. I have been more hungrier than usual and my stomach seems to look more fuller! I imagine it's because I am eating more but might there be a reason for the opposite effect due to my DS surgery?

It does good things for my dog's coat/skin! They have been getting it in their food forever. It certainly won't hurt you!
Yes! It’s great for skin and coat of dogs.

Didn’t I read or have been told that coconut oil is of a certain molecular makeup that allows it to be absorbed by our DS bodies at a much higher percentage than other fats? Yes, it’s good for one but beware, you’re getting many more calories from it. (If I’m ‘membering correctly, and these days I’m not a trustworthy historian).

Yes! It’s great for skin and coat of dogs.

Didn’t I read or have been told that coconut oil is of a certain molecular makeup that allows it to be absorbed by our DS bodies at a much higher percentage than other fats? Yes, it’s good for one but beware, you’re getting many more calories from it. (If I’m ‘membering correctly, and these days I’m not a trustworthy historian).
Thanks Susan
Can anyone elaborate on this?
Yes. Coconut oil is a medium chain triglyceride which is absorbed more readily by the intestines:
Articles on this subject. https://scholar.google.com/scholar?...bsorption&hl=en&as_sdt=0&as_vis=1&oi=scholart

Latest posts

Back