Coconut cream/milk and pizza chicken

harrietvane

I have struggled to find a way to gag down protein shakes - the range here is not that extensive, and they're all godawful.

An online acquaintance suggested I use coconut cream/milk instead of dairy. Oh my god, this thing is delicious! Is there any DS reason why I should avoid coconut cream/milk?

On a completely separate note, I also wanted to share this great recipe I made the other night: http://getinmybelly.com/pizza-baked-chicken/. Took ridiculously little prep time, super low carbs, and tasty (if not photogenic).

That recipe looks more than photogenic enough for me! Great idea, I may give this a try. You could also add sliced mushrooms or other pizza toppings I would think.

I'm a huge fan of coconut cream (NOT the water) in my coffee, or protein drinks. I also use coconut oil in place of some other oils like for cooking, and even melted on popcorn.

Coconut oil used to get a bad rap, but then I realized the old negative studies were based on HYDROGENATED coconut oil, and the hydrogenating process ruins any oil. Seriously - hydrogenated olive oil would even be the devil. In more recent years we've learned that coconut oil has some real bonuses over many other oils, so enjoy.

Please explain the coconut shake. I love coconut. Isn't coconut cream much too thick?

@CaraOC: coconut cream/milk are (from what I can discern) interchangeable here, but regardless I found it nice and creamy in the shake.

I cut it with a dash of dairy milk, and it gives me the right consistency. I also use a Nutribullet rather than shaking it in a shaker bottle, so it mixes nicely. I use one of the smaller containers (200mL) of coconut cream/milk, refrigerated and then with one sachet of protein shake mix.

Latest posts

Back