CheeseaPalooza!!!

MyNewLife

Roast Beef for dinner (shhhhh)
Hi All,

Ok since my surgery (3 years ago), I've had issues with dairy. It took me a long time to figure out what was wrong but I had to buy new clothes on my way to a meeting more than once. I couldn't have cheese or even lactose free milk. The odor, cramps and DHR were intolerable. Well, last week I tried pizza, no reaction??

I've tried hard cheeses since and no reaction. Yesterday I had probably a 1/4 lb of colby all by myself. It's like a meth addict going on a bender. I can't get enough.

I will say that I have a bit of digestive issues today but nothing bad. I've had just a bit more gas than usual. I've also gained 3 lbs. I'm not going as much as usual so I might be constipated a bit or the cheese is doing something weird and I'm actually gaining. Time will tell on that one.

I did try a bit of ricotta a week ago and I did have some dhr so I may only be able to have hard cheese (that's fine with me, I love cheese).

I don't know why this changed, I don't know how. I'm just so very happy to be able to have cheese again. Everything is going to taste better now. Cheese-less pizza is gross, omelettes without cheese just don't cut it. A hamburger isn't the same without the gooey cheese :)

I am soooooo very happy with the change :)

Hi All,

Ok since my surgery (3 years ago), I've had issues with dairy. It took me a long time to figure out what was wrong but I had to buy new clothes on my way to a meeting more than once. I couldn't have cheese or even lactose free milk. The odor, cramps and DHR were intolerable. Well, last week I tried pizza, no reaction??

I've tried hard cheeses since and no reaction. Yesterday I had probably a 1/4 lb of colby all by myself. It's like a meth addict going on a bender. I can't get enough.

I will say that I have a bit of digestive issues today but nothing bad. I've had just a bit more gas than usual. I've also gained 3 lbs. I'm not going as much as usual so I might be constipated a bit or the cheese is doing something weird and I'm actually gaining. Time will tell on that one.

I did try a bit of ricotta a week ago and I did have some dhr so I may only be able to have hard cheese (that's fine with me, I love cheese).

I don't know why this changed, I don't know how. I'm just so very happy to be able to have cheese again. Everything is going to taste better now. Cheese-less pizza is gross, omelettes without cheese just don't cut it. A hamburger isn't the same without the gooey cheese :)

I am soooooo very happy with the change :)
Sometimes all you need is a dose of lactaid before ingesting....works for me every time. Never leave home without it!!!

I had some issues with lactose till I was a year or two out, but not now. It was a little odd, because there were definite differences in what would give me issues, like cows milk in every form was problematic, but not goats milk, or actual cream. Some ice cream was the devil, and some (and it was basically cream, egg and sugar) was fine. Some cheese was fine, some wasn't. I just did my experimenting when it wouldn't be a problem, but now I eat it all. I am such a cheese whore.

I am discovering that I can get too much cheese. I'm having a few issues but I have been eating cheese non stop. I'm like a crack addict right now ;) It's been so long since I've had the ooey gooey yuminess of cheese that I freely admit I've overdone it. I'm wondering if it has to do with deprivation or overeating compulsive behaviors. One piece was never enough, neither was two...

Hard thing is that I have to start all over figuring out what will bother me now and what will not. If lactaid will work now when it didn't then. So much to do and so much cheese to eat in between.

I had a salad for dinner so I'll have issues anyway tonight...salad shooter!!!

Steak and salad. Best meal in the world :)

Latest posts

Back