CC length for DS?

random_user

I went to my surgeon today to discuss my options for my DS. He told me I had two options when it came to the length of my intestines. He said a shorter option could lead to greater weight loss, with downsides of more malabsorption which would require diligent tracking of vitamins, body odor, etc. A longer option would result in less of the short side effects, but weight loss would require more effort in terms of eating right/exercising. He did say if I took the longer option and didn't lose the weight I wanted I could go in for revision. I personally did not go for the sleeve to avoid any revisions in the future. Now I have this option.

My stats aren't too out of control, so I am not sure if picking the longer option would suffice for me? F, 5'6, 251hw.

The lengths I was given was either 10/5 for the shortest option or 13/10 for the longest.

Any insight based on my stats?

Sorry if this is all jumbled. It made sense when I was at the Dr, and was leaning towards a longer option. I just want to make sure my option fits and does not lead to any need for revision in the future. I know I can be diligent with supplements and eating right/exercising. Any input would help.

I agree with southernlady 's recommendation above! :) I have a cookie cutter 100 cm common channel and am happy with it, but Hess is best, if available.

Latest posts

Back