Can this really be?

Well, guess what?!

Just got my new Dexa scores back and my BMD has IMPROVED!

In one year my...

Hips went from -2.2 to -1.6
Lumbar went from -1.0 to -0.8

I've been taking lots of calcium (citrate and hydroxapetite), magnesium, boron, K1 and K2 spread all throughout the day. I cut down my caffeine and inconsistently added hip exercises to my walking routine. I've also put on about 10 pounds in the last year so maybe that helped.

Anyway, it's nice to be able to share good news. ;-)
That’s POST-Prolia injection?

Good luck. The exercises aren't' that bad at all (as far as exercises go). You can do them while you watch TV. I do them with ankle weights instead of the dumbbell.

Fwiiw... when I needed cpap ~ ten years ago, I was aghast at the cost. Turns out there is a community at cpap dot com that links to a used market. For a couple of hundred I could get the machine I needed (which costs less than insurance copay on a rental for one month)

The community was very supportive, at the time I used it, one person sent me his full face mask to experiment with.

Like many I had trouble to begin to use the cpap machine. For me the key was to track my numbers using software , normally used only by cpap techs, that was available on the board.

They also told me the secret button push needed to reprogram the used machine to the pressures I needed.

Cpap, IMO, is a direct medical device insurance racket. You have to struggle to get the tools you need at an affordable price

Secret buttons, proprietary software, sheesh... they have got to be kidding.. but they are not.. it's just a technique to link the unsuspecting to the preferred vendor, just to squeeze another buck from the sick

Back when, the more advanced machines kept track of your use and if you were not “compliant enough,” insurance wouldn’t pay.

Good luck. The exercises aren't' that bad at all (as far as exercises go). You can do them while you watch TV. I do them with ankle weights instead of the dumbbell.

So, this guy. MrSue likes his Keto diet advice. I like him, too...but except for MrSue, I tend to go for the bright shiny guys who turn out to be assholes. So we don’t trust my judgement.

Anyway, here’s his osteoporosis schtick. I’d like to read the studies he has referenced w/out citing.

Secret buttons, proprietary software, sheesh... they have got to be kidding.. but they are not.. it's just a technique to link the unsuspecting to the preferred vendor, just to squeeze another buck from the sick.

Yes, indeed, it is a racket. The tech who performed my test also worked for a company that supplied the machines and masks. Only I didn't know that she worked for that company. She told me that only one company in town would take our insurance, and I didn't doubt her as my health insurance wasn't so great and she worked at the hospital where I worked. I was absolutely miserable the first two weeks and in addition to renting to own my CPAP and masks, I was renting an oxygen concentrator. Miserable is a mild way to describe how I felt. I mentioned that I was going to talk to the doctor who read my tests results and she said not to bother, he wouldn't discuss them. I was so miserable I stopped by the office to schedule an appointment. Nurse must have told him there was a weepy lady in the lobby because he came out and took me to his office. He also told me that she was lying about him not seeing patients, which I had suspected since I knew him to be kind and compassionate. She got angry with me when on a follow-up visit she saw that I wasn't using the mask she recommended and wanted to know just where I got it. She flipped out when I told her I ordered from a site on the internet. I went to her office to complain, and it wasn't open. I also found out that she was lying about my insurance and I switched suppliers. Her company's manager sent me a satisfaction survey. I tolerate a lot, but do not tolerate being lied to. I went Scorched Earth on the survey and learned later that she had been fired. I don't think my survey got her fired, but was helpful to her boss. The last I heard she was living off a worker's comp settlement.

The hospital hired a new sleep study tech and she was always getting new masks from the companies that sold them. She was a friend and gave them to me because it was against department policy to recommend vendors. My sister had problems finding a company who would sell her just a mask, but eventually was successful.

Sorry about this long winded rant. Let it be just another cautionary tale to remind people to be their own advocates in all things health related.

Turns out there is a community at cpap dot com that links to a used market. For a couple of hundred I could get the machine I needed (which costs less than insurance copay on a rental for one month)

The community was very supportive, at the time I used it, one person sent me his full face mask to experiment with.

very good info, thanks for posting it

Sorry about this long winded rant. Let it be just another cautionary tale to remind people to be their own advocates in all things health related.

rant on, this is a good place for it. I can't believe how some people are! :mad:

Latest posts

Back