Can my High Vit D and B12 levels be dangerous

Mystrys

Walk in Beauty,Walk in Integrity
I ,unfortunately,do not have a PCP that seems very concerned with these levels. AND maybe I shouldn't either. But I cannot find the answer to this question anywhere else, so of course, I will worry myself to insanity over it. In my protocol I have been supplementing with a dry D@50k units 3x weekly. No B12 supplements since 6 months before surgery ( I'm 2 years out from my DS) I was also taking the Kirkland multi 3x day. My latest fasting bloodwork showed my Vit D is at 133 and my B12 has been trending higher from the initial testing and is now at 1821. This number is up from just 6 months ago where it was climbing and was at 1300.
I can't find anyone with the B12 issue for sure, so it's EXTREMELY concerning for me.
I am 6 weeks away from some majorly extensive plastics and I just want to be as healthy as I can be. Should I be concerned about these levels?

My latest D was 157 (they consider over 150 too high). My B 12 ALWAYS comes in above 2000 and has for over 3 decades. I get told to stop supplementing it but how can you stop something you aren’t doing?

If this were me, I wouldn’t fret.

*WHEW*
Thank you southernlady. I haven't supplemented in over 2 years but I keep looking at all of my intake. Even my damn protein supplements are 'fortified'. Everything seems to have B12 and/or D in it. I get that as a country, we have a deficiency issue in both of these. But wow...I was trying to figure out how to break down everything I need without getting what I don't. The Vit D was easy. I just stop taking the 50k until my next blood draw and that will tell me a whole lot more about how to progress with it.
But I had NO idea how to stop something from building up that I'm not even taking. At least now I don't feel like such a zebra unicorn! Lol. THANKS :D

The only thing that comes to me off hand is, how much B12 is in those multi's,, and do you really need 3/day? I only take one multi/day, I know southernlady takes 2, 3 seems like a lot.

The only thing that comes to me off hand is, how much B12 is in those multi's,, and do you really need 3/day? I only take one multi/day, I know southernlady takes 2, 3 seems like a lot.
Actually I take 3. I'm more worried about the trace vitamins in the multi. But then again, even without taking a multi for decades (pre-DS), my B12 ran around 2000.

So, is it your opinion that maybe I back off on the multivitamin?

I actually stopped taking almost everything for now except for K1, Calcium and magnesium, zinc, probiotics and the Pepcid. I even stopped my Biotin in case it was affecting any of the results. I'm having more blood work done on the 18th for the plastics and I guess that's a good time to re-evaluate. That will be almost 30 days from the last tests. Maybe not long enough to see any changes. I had planned on restarting the multi 1x day right after my surgeries.

It's just a thought. We've had drummed into us the importance of supplementation, and rightly so, but there is such a thing as too much of a good thing.

Larra Absolutely!! And that's where I'm at right now with the thought process. I have my 2 year follow up with my surgeon on Monday and although I won't see him, his nurse and NUT will probably question my choices to not use their supplements. But the proof is in my blood work that I made the right choice. It was at their direction I maintained the 3x daily multivitamin. If I had taken theirso instead of the Kirkland you guys suggested here....I'd be in WAY more trouble with these high numbers. Their supplements contain about 3x more of everything!! So...yea. Lesson here is keep doing what I'm doing...stay on the bloodwork, adjust accordingly and ask for help when I need it.
Thanks guys.:inlove:
Btw...does anyone have issues with sudden onset of hissing/ringing in the ears? I don't think there's a correlation but if I don't ask...well..you know!

Sorry about necro posting, but my 2 cents on ear ringing is this: antidepressants like wellbutrin, NSAIDS like Advil, and low iron have been my personal causes of hissing or tinnitus. Also, too much peopling. As in crowds of loud talkers. Ya know, family.....

Latest posts

Back