Camping?

Settledownnow

I would like to go on a camping trip (never been) with a few acquaintances. Any campers here? How do you handle the morning trip? Pre-DS it is something I never would have even considered. Now, I would like to try it but I'm just not sure how to cope with the morning routine.

even though I don't have a DS I am interested in this thread. as a kid, my family went camping every summer but I've only done it once since I was an adult and that was decades ago.

what kind of camping? backpacking? car camping with a tent? haul a trailer? RV?

forester service or state park campground? private campgrounds like KOA?

glamping? :)

even though I don't have a DS I am interested in this thread. as a kid, my family went camping every summer but I've only done it once since I was an adult and that was decades ago.

what kind of camping? backpacking? car camping with a tent? haul a trailer? RV?

forester service or state park campground? private campgrounds like KOA?

glamping? :)

I would love glamping! No, I'm thinking more rustic on horseback with a tent and/or cabins/campground (maybe that is not as rustic).

Would you be camping in a state/federal park in a tent? If so just make sure you are reasonably close to the shower house. AND don't worry over it. Just have fun.

While we aren't camping in the tent or limited facilities sense, we do live in an RV and have for almost 3 years now. And as long as we have hookups for electric/water/and sewer, we are fine. We can even do an overnight without the sewer. Our level is considered glamping tho.

who are you going with? do you have equipment? do they? post about the plan and then I can enjoy it vicariously.

the time I did it as an adult was a trip with my Mom so the memories are very sweet. we had a tent and various supplies in the van and the planning it was fun and the trip was great and I miss my Mom so much.

We have an RV with a toilet in it, and I even outfitted it with a bidet! We try to park near a bathroom in case both my husband and I have to go at the same time (and now my dad too), but I get priority for the inside potty. I’m not into rustic pooping.

(When we bought our house 3 years ago, knowing dad would eventually move in with us, we got a a 2 bedroom, 3 bath house. Everyone has their own potty!)

I’m not into rustic pooping.
I'm not either but I have done it...esp when we did our around the country pop up trip in the summer of 2014. Many of the stops in the rest areas in Canada are very rustic by our rest stops here in the US. It's basically on outhouse. I would say a portapotty but these are permanent. So be warned if you travel up there.

I’ve done them all lol. 1st thing first....don’t use your friends outhouse. Impossible to get the smell out of the ground lol. We ended up dumping a bunch of lye in the hole and my friends dad said we should just burn it down!!!
If the campground has running water then no big deal, camp near the toilet/shower house. If using someone’s camper be sure to bring spray because not a lot of room so you don’t want to stink it up.

If really rustic you’ll likely be burying your own crap so no big deal there either.

When we fish in Canada I keep a roll of toilet paper and wipes in the boat in case I gotta go while I’m in the middle of nowhere. The smell helps keep the bears away :)

Bottom line bring air freshener and perhaps poopourri, and maybe wet wipes, you’ll be fine

who are you going with? do you have equipment? do they? post about the plan and then I can enjoy it vicariously.

the time I did it as an adult was a trip with my Mom so the memories are very sweet. we had a tent and various supplies in the van and the planning it was fun and the trip was great and I miss my Mom so much.

If I get the nerve up to do it, I will post information and maybe even a pic!

I’ve done them all lol. 1st thing first....don’t use your friends outhouse. Impossible to get the smell out of the ground lol. We ended up dumping a bunch of lye in the hole and my friends dad said we should just burn it down!!!
If the campground has running water then no big deal, camp near the toilet/shower house. If using someone’s camper be sure to bring spray because not a lot of room so you don’t want to stink it up.

If really rustic you’ll likely be burying your own crap so no big deal there either.

When we fish in Canada I keep a roll of toilet paper and wipes in the boat in case I gotta go while I’m in the middle of nowhere. The smell helps keep the bears away :)

Bottom line bring air freshener and perhaps poopourri, and maybe wet wipes, you’ll be fine

chevtow you are giving me hope that I can do this!!!

Latest posts

Back