Calcium and my poor butt.

Sheanie

Because of my constant, severe constipation, I have had to stop my calcium tablets completely. I am currently healing some fissures created by this issue. Fissures have been a problem all along after DS. PreDS, I never once had an issue. Things that usually constipate normies acted opposite on me preop. Iron, calcium caused the trots. Now I never get them, except for one hotel incident my husband slept thru, that may or may not have happened......brought on by too many BPCs.

I was able to deal successfully for 10 years post DS taking magnesium oxide in huge doses and fat bombs, and when BPC came out, I had already been dissolving my fat bombs in my morning coffee.

I have Up cal D packets. 2 boxes. They are similar to Pixie Stix. Tip into your mouth, dont breathe until dissolved. Or, mix in food/drink.

So after saying all this, if anyone has any advice, I am all ears.

I am up to two sticks of butter per day to manage 1000mg calcium through Upcal D alone. Any more than that, I bleed. Oh, and I still take mag ox.

Because of my constant, severe constipation, I have had to stop my calcium tablets completely. I am currently healing some fissures created by this issue. Fissures have been a problem all along after DS. PreDS, I never once had an issue. Things that usually constipate normies acted opposite on me preop. Iron, calcium caused the trots. Now I never get them, except for one hotel incident my husband slept thru, that may or may not have happened......brought on by too many BPCs.

I was able to deal successfully for 10 years post DS taking magnesium oxide in huge doses and fat bombs, and when BPC came out, I had already been dissolving my fat bombs in my morning coffee.

I have Up cal D packets. 2 boxes. They are similar to Pixie Stix. Tip into your mouth, dont breathe until dissolved. Or, mix in food/drink.

I am up to two sticks of butter per day to manage 1000mg calcium through Upcal D alone. Any more than that, I bleed. Oh, and I still take mag ox.

I'm so sorry for your pain. Fissures are incredibly painful. My best advice is to get the botox shots in the tailfeathers so the fissure(s) can heal. My favorite softening / laxative agent is mag ox - specifically pedialax watermelon chewables - but, it can cause dehydration and or just not be effective if not accompanied by tons of fluids, so drink up! Feel better soon!

I do drink a lot. Healing them is easy, for me. Its the recurrence I need help with. I cannot seem to get enough fats in me to balance the calcium any more. Its really frustrating after 10 years of these things working.

I do drink a lot. Healing them is easy, for me. Its the recurrence I need help with. I cannot seem to get enough fats in me to balance the calcium any more. Its really frustrating after 10 years of these things working.
I had active fissures about 80% of the time for more than three years before turning to my cancer surgeon to address during another procedure where I was going to be under general anesthesia anyway. Turns out my recurrence(s) were due to a stricture. I wonder if some sort of physical obstruction / narrowing / scar tissue situation might also be going on with you at this point too.

I don't want to be all preachy, especially because I am terrible at self-care, but I'd really encourage you to go get this looked at by an expert and see if what is going on physically. My quality of life has increased drastically since I got mine fixed - prior to biting the bullet to get it resolved, the pain had really disrupted my sleep and also limited my desire to leave the house, let alone be social. I'm worried this may be what you are experiencing. I am well-rested and free now and want the same for you.

I had active fissures about 80% of the time for more than three years before turning to my cancer surgeon to address during another procedure where I was going to be under general anesthesia anyway. Turns out my recurrence(s) were due to a stricture. I wonder if some sort of physical obstruction / narrowing / scar tissue situation might also be going on with you at this point too.

I don't want to be all preachy, especially because I am terrible at self-care, but I'd really encourage you to go get this looked at by an expert and see if what is going on physically. My quality of life has increased drastically since I got mine fixed - prior to biting the bullet to get it resolved, the pain had really disrupted my sleep and also limited my desire to leave the house, let alone be social. I'm worried this may be what you are experiencing. I am well-rested and free now and want the same for you.
Well, dammit all. Now you have convinced me to see a butt doctor. And thats gonna entail a colonoscopy. I am deathly afraid of those, as I know how poorly the tools are cleaned. C.diff is rampant in our local health facilities. My MIL also contracted it after her C. My own mom caught it in hospice care THREE times.

I know how poorly the tools are cleaned. C.diff is rampant in our local health facilities. My MIL also contracted it after her C. My own mom caught it in hospice care THREE times.

I'm glad mine is done with; I had no idea this was a problem.

I guess this is the post I should talk about osteoporosis on now.

I had a severe, outlying reaction to Reclast infusion last May. Still now having severe spine, hip and leg bone pain, 5 out of 10 daily. Not managing pain well on OTC meds since I get suicidal on narcotics. Although whiskey takes the pain away, I do not drink even monthly. Too dangerous w family history of abuse.

Just had a very encouraging televisit w endocrinologist who is knowledgable about our anatomy and absorption. My nurse practitioner blames all my pain on my D level of 131. Endo says no way, not the cause. Sending me for some labs I never heard of. In depth calcium studies. Says no more Reclast, that should be a no-brainer.

I feel hopeful for the first time here. Foolish? Probably. But after the NP talking down to me for so long, I had begun to doubt my own judgment. I think thats what is called gaslighting. Blaming me for my pain, when it was her threats that made me consent to Reclast, instead of fighting for Prolia.

This guy says Prolia should be next, but will test first for tolerance. Smart. I like that. And with my husband listening in, he never once spoke down to me. Gus was impressed.

What is BPC? Thanks!!

I add coconut oil to my coffee everyday. I haven’t tried Kerry Gold butter yet. Will have to try it and see which one I prefer.

Latest posts

Back