Butt hurt

Still pleased? I bought a sitz bath I've been using and I think it works better than the creams! I feel like the cream Rx makes it worse?!

I don't want to jinx myself, but I do think, by jove, this may have worked! I am starting to feel much better. That said, it is still early days. I haven't tried real foods yet / mainly liquids and chicken noodle soup, because I can't bear the thought of anything solid, if you will, happening that would impede healing.

For the creams, I found 5% lidocaine sometimes helped a bit with the pain. I also used Preparation H suppositories because they do counter swelling and help blood flow, but they are nothing for pain. I use ice cubes when it gets totally unbearable, just to feel like I am doing something, and the most bearable position I found when pain impaired sleep was to reverse head and feet and put my feet up against the wall. Okay, so I'm not painting a very glamorous picture, but it was the routine that I developed after testing everything else under the sun.

One thing that may work for you, but didn't for me, is the medical protocol Diana recommends. I was prescribed suppositories of lidocaine/nifedipine that were made at a special local compounding pharmacy. I saw definite improvement, but the side effects weren't good for me. I have unusually low blood pressure to start and it lowered it further to the point that I fainted a couple of times, so I gave it up.

I hope the sitz cures yours for once and for all! Fissures are terrible!

I don't want to jinx myself, but I do think, by jove, this may have worked! I am starting to feel much better. That said, it is still early days. I haven't tried real foods yet / mainly liquids and chicken noodle soup, because I can't bear the thought of anything solid, if you will, happening that would impede healing.

For the creams, I found 5% lidocaine sometimes helped a bit with the pain. I also used Preparation H suppositories because they do counter swelling and help blood flow, but they are nothing for pain. I use ice cubes when it gets totally unbearable, just to feel like I am doing something, and the most bearable position I found when pain impaired sleep was to reverse head and feet and put my feet up against the wall. Okay, so I'm not painting a very glamorous picture, but it was the routine that I developed after testing everything else under the sun.

One thing that may work for you, but didn't for me, is the medical protocol Diana recommends. I was prescribed suppositories of lidocaine/nifedipine that were made at a special local compounding pharmacy. I saw definite improvement, but the side effects weren't good for me. I have unusually low blood pressure to start and it lowered it further to the point that I fainted a couple of times, so I gave it up.

I hope the sitz cures yours for once and for all! Fissures are terrible!

That is so great for you!!

I actually was following Diane's Rx for fissures, except the oral med. I have to be careful with heart stuff. So for some reason, the compound cream seems to make it worse! I'm not sure if it's because I have to keep intruding on its personal space or what, but I stopped the cream for a week and I haven't had any pain. I will keep doing sitz and see how things go.

I stopped the cream for a week and I haven't had any pain. I will keep doing sitz and see how things go.

Good news for you as well, then! I hope this is the end of it and there is never this type of PITA again for you. :) Sorry you've had to endure it.

Okay…just reread through some older posts.

So, the IBS thing. I think I have located a couple of places who know how to fix this. It’s two weeks…just two weeks…of elimination diet and then several weeks of reintroduction of foods by TYPE of FODMAP Involved. It took me a while to catch on…it’s been YEARS since I was first handed Low FODMAP food list, which didn’t help at all. I think I get it now and I have eliminated (so far) the middle of the night poop and I’ve been able to leave the house!

It’s a semi-complicated thing. But there’s even an app ($8.99) from Monash University in Australia, that lets me check on foods while in the grocery store. There, I can see that if I get the RIPE bananas, I should limit myself to 1/3 of a banana at one sitting; but if it’s greenish, I can eat up to an entire banana at that sitting (which could be a meal or a snack.). The IBS symptoms were gone in 2-3 days.

So, lemme know if you need help with that.

Then, because I’m senile, you were in NY and FL. Where are you now?

Okay…just reread through some older posts.

So, the IBS thing. I think I have located a couple of places who know how to fix this. It’s two weeks…just two weeks…of elimination diet and then several weeks of reintroduction of foods by TYPE of FODMAP Involved. It took me a while to catch on…it’s been YEARS since I was first handed Low FODMAP food list, which didn’t help at all. I think I get it now and I have eliminated (so far) the middle of the night poop and I’ve been able to leave the house!

It’s a semi-complicated thing. But there’s even an app ($8.99) from Monash University in Australia, that lets me check on foods while in the grocery store. There, I can see that if I get the RIPE bananas, I should limit myself to 1/3 of a banana at one sitting; but if it’s greenish, I can eat up to an entire banana at that sitting (which could be a meal or a snack.). The IBS symptoms were gone in 2-3 days.

So, lemme know if you need help with that.

Then, because I’m senile, you were in NY and FL. Where are you now?

Thanks for this info! I will check it out ASAP!
And I’m in Florida. Always been in Florida. Pity me.

Thanks for this info! I will check it out ASAP!
And I’m in Florida. Always been in Florida. Pity me.

There are others, but I went with modifyhealth.com (Not crazy about their meals.)
I also went with $99 for the three visits with the RD.

Once I had a grasp of the issue, I bought the Monash University app.

Good luck!

oh.. I was going to suggest a handicap room on Amtrak. It has its own, in-room toilet and meals are delivered to your room. Quite costly, but could save a fortune, depending on which surgeons and their fees. But Amtrak avoids most of FL, including the town where my recently-deceased, child molesting nephew lived.

There are others, but I went with modifyhealth.com (Not crazy about their meals.)
I also went with $99 for the three visits with the RD.

Once I had a grasp of the issue, I bought the Monash University app.

Good luck!

oh.. I was going to suggest a handicap room on Amtrak. It has its own, in-room toilet and meals are delivered to your room. Quite costly, but could save a fortune, depending on which surgeons and their fees. But Amtrak avoids most of FL, including the town where my recently-deceased, child molesting nephew lived.
Yeah I am working on getting the hell out of here. I’ve never hated it more.

Latest posts

Back