Butt hurt

FloridaJen

The Curious One
Well I just had my endoscopy and a rectal check and I have a small anal fissure. Already. Ugh. This isn’t a good sign for me going forward with DS is it? She prescribed nitroglycerin ointment 4 times a day for 3 months. Any thoughts on this? Advice?

I also have a small erosion/bleed in stomach (she clipped) and a small hiatal hernia.

Good times. I’m currently waiting for insurance approval/denial.

Thanks for your expertise.

Jen

I had a double anal fissure before WLS and I have no problem no, almost 3 years out. I did a non surgical approach as well. It's been a while, so I don't recall everything, I do recall different creams a few times a day and oral meds plus sitz baths. Now I do eat have to eat more than 75 grams of fat a day and take 2 doses of mirilax EVERYDAY. I can't miss a day and I'm working hard at getting my fat higher. I currently hover right over 80 grams and I'm slowly pushing it up. My system doesn't handle high fat very well, over 95 it's not pretty. My goal is to get to 95 daily very slowly and see if I sneak up on it, if my system will adjust. Good luck!

I had a double anal fissure before WLS and I have no problem no, almost 3 years out. I did a non surgical approach as well. It's been a while, so I don't recall everything, I do recall different creams a few times a day and oral meds plus sitz baths. Now I do eat have to eat more than 75 grams of fat a day and take 2 doses of mirilax EVERYDAY. I can't miss a day and I'm working hard at getting my fat higher. I currently hover right over 80 grams and I'm slowly pushing it up. My system doesn't handle high fat very well, over 95 it's not pretty. My goal is to get to 95 daily very slowly and see if I sneak up on it, if my system will adjust. Good luck!
Thank you! She said it was small but to do the nitro 4 times a day, I also have an Rx for lidocaine but no pharmacy has it, so I’ll check online per Diane’s post. I don’t want too much that will mess with my heart as I have hypertension and a resting heart rate of 95-100 as it is.

Thank you. Did you have any issues before DS? Should I be prepared for a chronic issue?
Yes - I had surgery in 1995 for an anal fissure (misdiagnosed and mis-treated for 3 years - I'll leave it at that). Since my DS, I had an early fissure that was treated medically once or twice - it worked. You can buy OTC lidocaine (https://www.amazon.com/Pipedreams-PD9804-62-Anal-Eaze-Desensitiz/dp/B007YSIL7U) - cheaper that a script too. Just be careful with it, because it is absorbed into the bloodstream via mucous membranes, and can slow your heart. A little dab'll do ya.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Yes - I had surgery in 1995 for an anal fissure (misdiagnosed and mis-treated for 3 years - I'll leave it at that). Since my DS, I had an early fissure that was treated medically once or twice - it worked. You can buy OTC lidocaine (https://www.amazon.com/Pipedreams-PD9804-62-Anal-Eaze-Desensitiz/dp/B007YSIL7U) - cheaper that a script too. Just be careful with it, because it is absorbed into the bloodstream via mucous membranes, and can slow your heart. A little dab'll do ya.
Oh if it slows my heart are that’s good since mine runs super high. Thank you!

Two questions...
How did you discover this?
Why is it cherry flavored?

The reviews are fun. Lol

I will leave the flavoring part to your imagination - it also comes in unflavored :). Someone on one of the websites for anal fissures suggested it, and I bought a lifetime supply (online order at the time was 5 tubes and I haven't used up one yet).

I will leave the flavoring part to your imagination - it also comes in unflavored :). Someone on one of the websites for anal fissures suggested it, and I bought a lifetime supply (online order at the time was 5 tubes and I haven't used up one yet).
:) thank you!

Latest posts

Back