Breakfast sausage pinwheels

brooklyngirl

Yankee gone south
Made these today, they came out better than I expected! It took some working with the cheese dough to get it to the right texture- it was grainy and really sticky at first but I kept putting it back in the microwave for 20 seconds at a time until it felt like real dough and wasn't sticky any longer. After that, it was a breeze! I cut 8 slices after trimming off the ends, and the sausage did not fully cook through. Since I made them to reheat for breakfasts during the week, that's fine for me, but they'd probably work better sliced a little thinner like the original recipe.

http://uplateanyway.com/keto/breakfast-sausage-pinwheels-low-carb-gluten-free/

Breakfast Sausage Pinwheels
Ingredients
  1. 140 grams mozzarella melted (1 1/4 cup)
  2. 4 tbsp butter melted
  3. 4 tbsp Almond Flour
    ir
  4. 3 tbsp Coconut Flour
    ir
  5. 1 tsp onion powder
  6. 1 egg
  7. 8 ounces Tennessee Pride breakfast sausage (half the 16 oz roll)
  8. 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
  2. Melt mozzarella cheese in the microwave for 2 minutes at 30% power in a 1200 watt microwave.
  3. Combine Almond flour, coconut flour, and onion powder and stir well.
  4. Add the flour mix, butter and egg to the melted mozzarella and stir.
  5. With your hands or a spatula press and fold until most of the cheese and dough are combined. Reheat for 10 seconds and press and fold until it's all one color (mostly).
  6. Reheat for 10 seconds and roll out into a rectangle.
  7. Using half a 16 oz roll of sausage lay on wax paper, cover with another sheet of wax paper and roll out into the approximate shape of your dough.
  8. Pick up the wax paper with the sausage on it and flip over on to the stromboli dough.
  9. Cover with cheese and roll up.
  10. Place sausage roll in the freezer for 10 minutes to firm up.
  11. Slice off the ends and slice off approximately 10 slices.
  12. Place on parchment paper or a silicone baking mat
    ir
    and bake for 20 mins.
Notes
  1. Makes 10 slices.
  2. 143 Calories; 12g Fat; 6g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 2 net carbs per slice.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Back