Bowel Issues FYI

Oh, I know. However, someone said that they are constipated. So the coconut water and ginger root tea was a suggestion.
Actually lots of people with the DS fight constipation primarily because iron and calcium can be very constipating. Drinking a great deal of fluid is required as well as a good balance of fat.

I don't get constipation in the fact that I can't go, but this redundant colon for which I was recently diagnosed leaves with a lot of crap in my colon. I feel like I am constipated even though I go several times a day and a large volume. Stuff gets caught in the xtra folds and kinks so I will have several days of large and softly formed movements, and then every 5 to 7 days I haver liquid and diarrhea like stools. Those clean out days as I call them are a blessing and a curse. I feel better with stomach discomfort when it is loose and I get fir the most part cleaned out, but it makes me incredibly run down and weak. At 178-180 on some days, when clean out day happens I can lose up to 10 pounds in 8 hours.

FWIW...there are apparently two medical definitions of diarrhea.

REASONABLE doctors go with the consistency-urgency type definition and the lazy ones are SURE that if you have three or more BMs per day, you have diarrhea, a condition which needs treatment.

Many DS people have three or more BMs per day. It is their new normal and not a diseased state in need of treatment. I found the cutest little Italian gastroenterologist...but he was a lazy definition guy. So he was...dismissed.

Sargent Sue - don't ever change, please. You slay me!

Yeah I am a 2-5/6 per day dude aND rarely is it diarrhea. Yes on clean out days I get some but most the time it is not loose.

I never had to fire a short Italian dude.
How did he take it?

Latest posts

Back