Bookmarks Added | You Can Now Save Your Favorite Content

MsJacquiiC

Tech Admin | Designer
Staff member
Good day everyone.

As a bariatric support system, BF.org houses a lot of incredibly helpful information to post-op WLSers and even to those researching WLS options. Have you ever seen a thread or post here that you wanted to save for future reference and ..... didn't really want to bookmark it in your browser? I know I have....on several occasions. I have tons of bookmarks and really don't need to add any more.

But now you can bookmark our content right onsite! That's right. We've brought a new, full-featured bookmarks functionality on-board. And it's very simple to use. So simple - we bet you'll be bookmarking posts in no time at all.

See a post or thread that you want to save? Simply locate the "Bookmark" link that appears on most all forum posts:
BF-bookmarks2.png

Once you locate the link, click it and fill out the formfield as I did in the screencap below:

BF-bookmarks.gif

You will eventually compile a list of bookmarks that can easily be accessed via your Account Bookmarks page. You have the option of saving public and private bookmarks. Public bookmarks will appear on your BF.org profile page under the tab labeled "Bookmarks" -- Obviously public bookmarks can be viewed by all registered users you've allowed profile viewing privileges. Private bookmarks will only appear in your account bookmarks page, where you can also change bookmarks from public to private and vice verse. They will only be viewable by you.

BF-bookmarks3.gif

Quite nice right? Well we hope you enjoy the new feature.
So get to it. Enjoy ==> Happy posting & happy bookmarking!

J.

robs477

Now an Angel in heaven
Great feature! I always cut and paste useful info such as vitamin/protein stuff, numbers etc because I'm still in the trying to learn all this crap mode...lol! This will allow me to bookmark and then do it when I have the time. It really will be helpful, Thxs Ms J for all you and the administrators do!!!

MsJacquiiC

Tech Admin | Designer
Staff member
Great feature! I always cut and paste useful info such as vitamin/protein stuff, numbers etc because I'm still in the trying to learn all this crap mode...lol! This will allow me to bookmark and then do it when I have the time. It really will be helpful, Thxs Ms J for all you and the administrators do!!!
Thanks for the feedback @robs477!
I mentioned it to @southernlady and she was super-excited about the bookmarks feature. I hope a lot of members will make use of it.
Much appreciation for your kind words ;)

As an FYI - I see you edited your surgery details section. I edited your surgeon's name to include just his last name. But can you go back to that page please and select all 3 options for your surgery date? You should select one each for the month/day/year, if indeed you want your entire surgiversary listed in the database.

J.

southernlady

Administrator
Staff member
As an FYI - I see you edited your surgery details section. I edited your surgeon's name to include just his last name. But can you go back to that page please and select all 3 options for your surgery date? You should select one each for the month/day/year, if indeed you want your entire surgiversary listed in the database.

J.
I think he will edit his surgery date once he has one. :)

robs477

Now an Angel in heaven
I think he will edit his surgery date once he has one. :)
Yeah, that's right, not an exact date yet. Also, I didn't see a 2015 option? Also, just an important note to be aware of. There are two Dr. Wilsons in the same office, one is Todd whom is NOT a DS surgeon and Erik which is a very experienced DS surgeon. I wasted about 3 weeks with an appointment with Todd because it was easier to get in to see him, not knowing that, only to find out I needed to see Erik, so we may need to be careful in the limiting of the first name??? Just a thought. Its probably the only practice in the country that has this anomaly, so probably not a problem, but...just for awareness.

southernlady

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, that's right, not an exact date yet. Also, I didn't see a 2015 option? Also, just an important note to be aware of. There are two Dr. Wilsons in the same office, one is Todd whom is NOT a DS surgeon and Erik which is a very experienced DS surgeon. I wasted about 3 weeks with an appointment with Todd because it was easier to get in to see him, not knowing that, only to find out I needed to see Erik, so we may need to be careful in the limiting of the first name??? Just a thought. Its probably the only practice in the country that has this anomaly, so probably not a problem, but...just for awareness.
Actually, there are two Rabkins in CA as well altho one has retired...he will still need to be an option for vets.