Blatant Misrepresentation!

DianaCox

Bad Cop
https://www.gsbwc.com/duodenal-switch/
Dr. Basil Yurcisin
Dr. Michael Bilof

Holy shit. This should be reported to the ASMBS.

Duodenal Switch Surgery

The duodenal switch (DS) may be the most effective bariatric treatment for improving diabetes, hyperlipidemia, high cholesterol, high triglycerides and sleep apnea. It also results in more weight loss than any other procedure. The Duodenal Switch has been around and performed for over twenty years. The DS has shown a 98% cure rate for Type II diabetes. A Brief overview of the procedure is listed herein. As with any bariatric surgery, the best procedure for you is to be discussed with your surgeon and based on many factors for the safest and most effective outcome for you.

Also known as Loop DS, SADI-S, & SIPS

· SADI-S (Single Anastomoses Duodenal Ileostomy with Sleeve)

· SIPS (Stomach Intestinal Pylorus Sparing)

· LLDS (Laparoscopic Loop Duodenal Switch)​

LIAR LIAR PANTS ON FIRE!!

I sent them a message.

That was fast!!!!! Here's their response...

I just saw your submission through our website re: the Duodenal Switch. You are quite correct (and obviously very well informed) that the Loop DS is not a ‘traditional’ DS. We offer both but to be quite frank our preferred option at this point is the Loop DS (for a variety of reasons which would be difficult to cover in an email) which is why most of the content on our site is about the Loop. If a patient wants a traditional DS however we are more than happy and capable of doing it. Hope that addresses your question/concern.

Last edited:
I recently saw the same kind of BS on a couple of youtube videos. They were saying the surgery they performed was DS when it was clearly sips/sadi/so-not-a-true-DS ... makes me angry that they can get away with this. Their patients are not being given the right information and the doctors who do this should be sanctioned!

And now Roslin too: http://www.nycbariatrics.com/weight-loss-surgery-options/duodenal-switch-sips-procedure

Duodenal Switch Surgery/SIPS Procedure
BPD_web.jpg

Also known as the Single-Anastamosis Duodenal Switch, this duodenal switch surgery (SIPS) delivers both stomach restriction and decreased absorption. The first part of the surgery is performed by reducing the size of the stomach, which is similar to the sleeve gastrectomy, but larger in volume. The second part is where the duodenum is separated, just below the pyloric valve, from the remaining intestinal tract. 300 cm of the small intestine is measured from the terminal ileum and that loop is connected to the stomach. This longer channel leads to greater absorption of nutrients and vitamins, and less bowel movements compared with the regular Duodenal Switch (DS).

Another important difference between the SIPS and DS is that there is only one opening between the stomach and the small intestine as opposed to two in the classic DS. The creation of the Roux limb is also avoided in this procedure which we anticipate will reduce the risk of bowel obstruction. SIPS is a logical modification of existing operation that seeks to reduce the complications related to roux limbs and reduce diarrhea.​

THE DS IS NOT ALSO KNOWN AS SIPS! THEY ARE DIFFERENT PROCEDURES!!

Money talks. And sooner or later someone is going get a huge verdict against one of these folks. If they can't be honest about the procedures, you can bet the consent forms are bad too!

And I wonder if they are using the CPT code for DS? Bet they are because SIPS is experimental.

Money talks. And sooner or later someone is going get a huge verdict against one of these folks. If they can't be honest about the procedures, you can bet the consent forms are bad too!

And I wonder if they are using the CPT code for DS? Bet they are because SIPS is experimental.
Yes they are, I am trying to look at my legal options, any help would be appreciated.

Yes they are, I am trying to look at my legal options, any help would be appreciated.
If this happened to you, you are not the first one. You have found the right place. Talk to @DianaCox about it right away! And we will ala be happy to help you. Just to save some time, go ahead and tell us your story/what happened?

I've asked my Cottam connection - she doesn't know (or perhaps won't say) who those people are. You may want to go join some SADI groups on FB and see if you can find the other disgruntled Cottam patients.

Latest posts

Back