bidet for under $25, inc shipping!

I use plain 1 ply toilet paper. I admit, sometimes I need A&D ointment if my butt gets sore.

With a bidet on your home toilet, though, don't you have to wipe with toilet paper and then get a towel to dry your butt? And, if you prefer, powder as well? (I haven't been to Europe for years. That's the last time I used a bidet so it's been a while).

I asked when I was first in Italy and was told they go straight to the bidet and dry with TP unless they are at home where they will have a linen towel to dry. (I didn't ask if they pre-wipe when poop has smeared.) They do not use soap. Our poop can be so greasy, though. That pre-wipe would be essential for us. But even pre-DS I would never have considered transferring to bidet without wiping well first. And I use soap and dry with my bath towel.

I use plain 1 ply toilet paper. I admit, sometimes I need A&D ointment if my butt gets sore.

With a bidet on your home toilet, though, don't you have to wipe with toilet paper and then get a towel to dry your butt? And, if you prefer, powder as well? (I haven't been to Europe for years. That's the last time I used a bidet so it's been a while).
Well, my bidet has an air dry feature, which I think is a total waste of time, as I won't sit long enough to blow dry. I still use toilet paper to dry off, rather than a towel. I take really high doses of potassium citrate for kidney stones, and that makes my poop burn a bit, but I haven't had a sore butt since I installed bidets in our house, with the exception of travelling in the us, when I had to go without.

I asked when I was first in Italy and was told they go straight to the bidet and dry with TP unless they are at home where they will have a linen towel to dry. (I didn't ask if they pre-wipe when poop has smeared.) They do not use soap. Our poop can be so greasy, though. That pre-wipe would be essential for us. But even pre-DS I would never have considered transferring to bidet without wiping well first. And I use soap and dry with my bath towel.
I've come to prefer the bidet that replaces the toilet seat, and not have to switch. I use tp to dry, and it all gets flushed.

Tapping fingers ... my new Toto toilet with washlet arrived yesterday, and even though I have no electric outlet in the toilet room, I was hoping Charles would swap out the toilet immediately and we could run an extension cord from the bathroom right next to it to run the washlet. Instead, he decided to call a plumber, since the toilet room is quite small, he has a hernia, and removing the existing toilet could be a mess and with his hernia, he could hurt himself. I then decided that if we were going to call a plumber for what is a 30' job of swapping the toilet out, we might as well have the plumber do a few extra jobs too, so I bought new fixtures for our bathroom (one of our double sinks has a frozen cold water tap, and the other one clearly has something wrong, because there is a bing ring of rust around it), and the kitchen sink faucet is PLASTIC and has sprung a pinhole leak behind the sprayer. So I went to Home Depot and picked them out today.

And THEN we decided that we may as well have the electrician come out and put in the outlet in the bathroom first anyway. Which should be done before the toilet replacement.

So I have my new Toto toilet (with ultra-slick sides) and bidet/washlet sitting in my parlor. Tapping fingers some more. It has been since last April 19th since I had my butt feel clean after a poop. Once you use a bidet, you'll never feel clean without one.

(Ditto on the dryer being a waste of time - who has time to sit there??)

Tapping fingers ... my new Toto toilet with washlet arrived yesterday, and even though I have no electric outlet in the toilet room, I was hoping Charles would swap out the toilet immediately and we could run an extension cord from the bathroom right next to it to run the washlet. Instead, he decided to call a plumber, since the toilet room is quite small, he has a hernia, and removing the existing toilet could be a mess and with his hernia, he could hurt himself. I then decided that if we were going to call a plumber for what is a 30' job of swapping the toilet out, we might as well have the plumber do a few extra jobs too, so I bought new fixtures for our bathroom (one of our double sinks has a frozen cold water tap, and the other one clearly has something wrong, because there is a bing ring of rust around it), and the kitchen sink faucet is PLASTIC and has sprung a pinhole leak behind the sprayer. So I went to Home Depot and picked them out today.

And THEN we decided that we may as well have the electrician come out and put in the outlet in the bathroom first anyway. Which should be done before the toilet replacement.

So I have my new Toto toilet (with ultra-slick sides) and bidet/washlet sitting in my parlor. Tapping fingers some more. It has been since last April 19th since I had my butt feel clean after a poop. Once you use a bidet, you'll never feel clean without one.

(Ditto on the dryer being a waste of time - who has time to sit there??)
I thought all bathrooms had an outlet, for a hair dryer, razor or whatever SOMEWHERE, but ended up with an old rental that had bedroom and bath made from old attic space, that lacked an electrical outlet. They did however, put in a makeup mirror by the sink with a ridiculous number of light bulbs. I found a socket thingy that could screw into the bulb socket, and convert it to a plug for a hair dryer or whatever. If there is more than one light bulb by the sink something like that could be an emergency fix, but pretty janky for long term use.

I have a toilet room in the main bathroom - a little room with a toilet, door, light and (importantly) a vent. The door to the toilet room is next to the two-sink vanity, and besides the plug/light switch next to the sink on the wall shared with the toilet room, there is an inexplicable plug on the back wall under both sinks, behind the pipes. So an extension cord from the plug under the sink to the toilet room (there's plenty of room under the door) would only need to be about 4-5' long at most.

I assume the electrician will wire a new box from the plug under the sink closest to the toilet room, between the side of the vanity/bathroom wall that is shared by toilet room. But that is something that it would probably be easier (and safer) to have handled by a local electrician, since we cannot get blueprints for our 13 year old house (we've tried), and we have NO idea how the interior walls were constructed. (Note to self - must remember to tell electrician to allow for uncomplicated removal and replacement of the ugly vanity when we get to the next stage of remodeling (although this cabinetry MAY be amenable to a more simple refacing) when he puts in the plug, if it ends up showing on the inside of the vanity.)
IMG_3507_zps9iqivs0f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_3507_zps9iqivs0f.jpg

I have a toilet room in the main bathroom - a little room with a toilet, door, light and (importantly) a vent. The door to the toilet room is next to the two-sink vanity, and besides the plug/light switch next to the sink on the wall shared with the toilet room, there is an inexplicable plug on the back wall under both sinks, behind the pipes. So an extension cord from the plug under the sink to the toilet room (there's plenty of room under the door) would only need to be about 4-5' long at most.

I assume the electrician will wire a new box from the plug under the sink closest to the toilet room, between the side of the vanity/bathroom wall that is shared by toilet room. But that is something that it would probably be easier (and safer) to have handled by a local electrician, since we cannot get blueprints for our 13 year old house (we've tried), and we have NO idea how the interior walls were constructed. (Note to self - must remember to tell electrician to allow for uncomplicated removal and replacement of the ugly vanity when we get to the next stage of remodeling (although this cabinetry MAY be amenable to a more simple refacing) when he puts in the plug, if it ends up showing on the inside of the vanity.)
IMG_3507_zps9iqivs0f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_3507_zps9iqivs0f.jpg
Oh, water closet style makes much more sense. Now I'm puzzling why there is an outlet under the sink. Not like in the kitchen when you have a garbage disposal, dishwaser, or hot water dispenser that all need power. And I'm sure you've looked all over, but more than a few times I've found original blueprints in attic nooks, and in newer homes often tucked behind garage appliances like furnace or hot water tank, I think because that's near where the inspectors checklists are posted during construction (at least here).

Well, my bidet has an air dry feature, which I think is a total waste of time, as I won't sit long enough to blow dry. I still use toilet paper to dry off, rather than a towel. I take really high doses of potassium citrate for kidney stones, and that makes my poop burn a bit, but I haven't had a sore butt since I installed bidets in our house, with the exception of travelling in the us, when I had to go without.
I guess it seems like a lot to do after a poop. So I'm not sure if it's for me since I use TP already. But I'm thinking about it as I've been having a rough time since last Wed. Had a big 'going' day for some unknown reason and now everything burns and itches back there. Thankfully, A&D ointment is helping somewhat. I'm considering using Aveeno Baby Daily Moisture Lotion. My brother says it's really good.

I guess it seems like a lot to do after a poop. So I'm not sure if it's for me since I use TP already. But I'm thinking about it as I've been having a rough time since last Wed. Had a big 'going' day for some unknown reason and now everything burns and itches back there. Thankfully, A&D ointment is helping somewhat. I'm considering using Aveeno Baby Daily Moisture Lotion. My brother says it's really good.
It will end burning, itching, and I used to get fissures and haven't had one since. You'll have a new level of clean that you'll wonder how you ever lived without. I, on the other hand, will do just about anything to avoid having to put creams or meds on my butthole, lol.

@bearmom. Right now I'd use anything to end the problem I'm having.
For something immediate, do you have a sitz bath? You can get one at the drug store if not. It can help to rinse and soak for a while several times a day, and give the tissue a break from the ph or strain of our poo, long enough for the tissue to heal. I've read that baby "butt paste" helps heal quickly. That's really the name.

@bearmom Maybe the "butt paste" is the similar to what my brother recommended. Bc that seems to have helped a lot. I'm lucky.

I think I'll buy a Sitz bath for future reference, though. Just in case it happens again as I think it's the tissue that needs healing. After the :28 4 5:.

Right, I need one of these stat! I rent my flat, so wondering how removable and relocateable something like a Toto is? The toilet is also built into the cabinetry. Singapore prohibits outlets in bathrooms, so I'd also have to run an extension cord. Another option is the travel Toto washlet.

I'm suffering from hemorrhoids big time since my bout of food poisoning. Pharmacies don't sell sitz baths so I've just bought a giant plastic tub/baby bath thing to use in the shower. I'm a class act!

Bearmom, SlickDeals is one of my favorite sites!

We have had a number of bidet attachments. Biffy was good, until we upgraded to a new toilet and the seat was oval. Then the Biffy kept breaking. To their credit, they replaced it at no charge, but the third time, we just went elsewhere.

We had something more expensive in between...but now we are using what was supposed to be the "cheap" temp attachment, but it keeps lasting and lasting. It is the Luxe Bidet Neo 120. I don't remember what we paid, but a google search shows a price point from $29-55.

What I like about this (cold water only, sorry Cold Weather Peeps) is that it cleans itself!! Previous bidet attachments had to be actively cleaned. This video shows how the cheapo 120 cleans itself.

Omgee i want one!!! When I read other posts on here about a bidet, I was thinking the old fashioned seperate bowls. This I would love!!

Latest posts

Back