bidet for under $25, inc shipping!

bearmom

Go to bottom post for this years good bidet deal.

Not sure how long this deal will last, but a bidet for less than $25 with shipping is a GREAT deal!

This one doesn't appear to have the bells and whistles (like heat) but for the budget conscious, that may be OK. I'll spare you my waxing poetic about how much I love my bidet, and just give you the link to the cheap one.

http://slickdeals.net/f/8534717-bio-bidet-simplet-bidet-attachment-19-99-2-99-s-h-groupon

(but I really really do looove my bidet)

Last edited:
I did put a cold only one in an RV, and thought I may use a tiny bit of heat tape on the water supply line if I was in a cold climate, but never bothered.

I'm cold blooded and hate being cold all the time, and thought it would be a real barrier to using it, but it's actually not, as you are never being hosed with a torrent of cold water. And, there have been a few times when there was some discomfort that actually seems to have been quelled by the cool water (not enough that I have turned off the heat on the house bidet though).

Bearmom, SlickDeals is one of my favorite sites!

We have had a number of bidet attachments. Biffy was good, until we upgraded to a new toilet and the seat was oval. Then the Biffy kept breaking. To their credit, they replaced it at no charge, but the third time, we just went elsewhere.

We had something more expensive in between...but now we are using what was supposed to be the "cheap" temp attachment, but it keeps lasting and lasting. It is the Luxe Bidet Neo 120. I don't remember what we paid, but a google search shows a price point from $29-55.

What I like about this (cold water only, sorry Cold Weather Peeps) is that it cleans itself!! Previous bidet attachments had to be actively cleaned. This video shows how the cheapo 120 cleans itself.

I have and oddball brand from Costco that came with all the bells and whistles and I've yet to replace it, so I guess I've been lucky. I don't care about many of the extras BUT I do love the self cleaning. I'd rather pay the 29-55 and have the self cleaner (although I still coat the whole shebang with bleach gel it would be less often for a task I despise).

I must be the last person in the free world that doesn't have an automatic ass washer. What's wrong with wet wipes??? I do wish I had one but maybe it's cause I'm European it doesn't seem right to have in IN the toilet bowl and not next to it.

Wet wipes are doing tremendous damage to the sewer systems. Google "fat berg" Many communities are banning them.

Although my separate porcelain bidet doesn't have an air dryer, I prefer it. Seems like the in-toilet ones would take a lot of detailed cleaning from urine spray and diarrhea and vomit. (The "cleaning" feature in the one above looks like it just flushes out the wand.) And my bidet makes a great foot soak -- I'd never put my feet in the toilet.

Wet wipes are doing tremendous damage to the sewer systems. Google "fat berg" Many communities are banning them.

Although my separate porcelain bidet doesn't have an air dryer, I prefer it. Seems like the in-toilet ones would take a lot of detailed cleaning from urine spray and diarrhea and vomit. (The "cleaning" feature in the one above looks like it just flushes out the wand.) And my bidet makes a great foot soak -- I'd never put my feet in the toilet.
My parents have a separate bidet and my dad loves to soak his feet in it!! I believe the arse of a DSer would be more hygienic that my dads feet though. I don't flush my wet wipes.

In Asia, these come built in (well, a spray gun beside the loo), though they have the very unflattering name 'bum gun' from expats. But definitely handy to keep things fresh and keep the loo clean.

When I went to Turkey, I was terrified I would encounter "Asian" toilets: a hole in the ground over which one squats, usually made of flat porcelain with foot indents. I've never been a good squatter. I carried around disposable cardboard FUDs (female urinary devices), essentially a hot dog bun holder, but I only needed them in Naples IT and at the United Nations in NYC, probably the most disgustingly filthy toilets I have ever seen. In Istanbul and western Turkey, they have "western" toilets, although higher and square-ish, with a horizontal weak stream of cold water that emerges from either just above the seat or under the back rim. (No long nozzle as in the bidet attachment mentioned above.) One has to use one's hand (LEFT hand in Moslem cultures) to splash the water on themselves. (I never used this.) All one can get is a light rinse, I guess. Again, I prefer my separate, porcelain bidet with the wide vertical spray from the base. The temperature controlled spray can be adjusted from gentle to blast-off -- seriously 3' in the air, you could pressure wash your deck if you brought it in board by board.

@Clematis, never fear - it's not that bad. Singapore bathrooms, particularly public ones, are the cleanest I've encountered in the world so far, thanks to the army of foreign workers here to maintain such facilities. I have been to Nepal, though, so I know what you mean about squat toilets! I found the FUDs useless and only used it once or twice before I gave up.

My loos are normal Western ones, but just with the addition of spray hoses to the side of them - similar range of 'washing power' from weak to pressure cleaner.

The bathrooms in Turkey were very clean.

P-Mate is easy to use -- I don't even have to drop my pants, important when the bathroom floor is as gross as the toilet itself. If you kinda drag it forward when done, you don't even need TP. I ordered another brand of disposable but it was horrible to use and too big. I don't like the reusable rubber ones because then you have to find a way to rinse it or carry around the smelly thing. Oh, I had forgotten but I also used the P-Mate in Yellowstone in icky latrines and out in the woods. Some of these are promoted as a way for a woman in a wheelchair to pee without getting up. Of course none of these things help if you have to go #2.

I keep a couple of P-Mates in my car just in case.

Latest posts

Back