Baritastic app driving me nuts!

Ray_Of_Fricken_Sunshine

I'm trying to keep track of my food. I'm a chef, and I already have a hard enough time trying to make a calculated "recipe" of what I cook, but when I ty to enter a recipe into the app.... Holy Hell. If the item is scannable, it's cool. But if I have to freestyle the igredients, their estimations are ridiculous. 30g protein for 2 slices of ham, 0g protein for 1/4 lb ground beef. Now it's making me second guess everything I've entered. Anyone else have any issues? Or suggestions for a better app? I'm not a MFP or Spark People fan.

MyPlate (livestrong) has a cleaner UI than MFP, which is practically invisible it is so light. I don't like all the ads on MFP. I'm using Baritastic for now but I just add the food and the amounts I used in the recipe rather than "create" a recipe; or, at least I did when I was on the 800 calorie diet pre-op. I haven't eaten anything in 8 days now that I am post-op and living in liquid Hades.

Never heard of the bariastric app before this week. Still haven't bothered to look. Try My Net Diary or maybe good old fashioned pencil and paper.

Honestly tracking on an app reminds me of all the diets I tried and failed.

I keep a running idea of my daily carbs in my head, focus on protein and fat and maybe enter a day in an app about 2 times a year to see if I'm staying on track. But my clothes and my weekly weigh in are all I really need.

I'm trying to keep track of my food. I'm a chef, and I already have a hard enough time trying to make a calculated "recipe" of what I cook, but when I ty to enter a recipe into the app.... Holy Hell. If the item is scannable, it's cool. But if I have to freestyle the igredients, their estimations are ridiculous. 30g protein for 2 slices of ham, 0g protein for 1/4 lb ground beef. Now it's making me second guess everything I've entered. Anyone else have any issues? Or suggestions for a better app? I'm not a MFP or Spark People fan.

It may be just as well. It might be too early for you to eat complicated foods where you need to enter the recipe. Recipes tend to have a lot of extra carbs and may not be the highest protein. You might stick to eating mostly one ingredient foods. Focus on protein fat, and water. Use spices, fat, and low carb sauces to make the protein more appealing. Use butter and seasonings to add flavor to low carb veggies.

I tried bariastic and didnt like it. I wanted it to work bc it has focus on carbs and fat over calories, but it's database just doesn't have enough accurate data. I did a side by side comparison of it and MFP, and there was always a 100 calorie difference and 20 carb difference. Mostly due to the fact that with bariarastic i was always entering similar foods as opposed to the real thing. After 3 days, i decided it wasnt for me. So i just stick to MFP bc of all apps for food tracking that ive tried (several!), it has the most robust database.

I agree with yall, I really wanted Baritastic to work. I like all of their features, but I really need their database to be more accurate.
When I was still in pre-surgery research mode, I made up my mind I was going to take @Munchkin advice and avoid carbs all together to maximize results. My husband is all about doing the keto lifestyle, and was really excited for me to be on board. So, while I only eat the protein part of the meal, I'm still cooking for my family and trying to keep track of what I'm feeding them.

Latest posts

Back