Bariatric surgery in a pill?

coating the intestines? well, maybe, but what about doing a fecal transplant from a slender person instead? I don't know if anyone is trying that but they should be.

interesting site, Diana, thanks for sharing

This is interesting, but reminds me a lot of my uncle's story. He was diagnosed with adult onset pompe disease, and a severe gluten allergy. I don't know how these may or may not play off each other, but he would eat and eat and eat and lose weight by the day. What his doctors described to him was that the gluten in what he was eating was coating his intestine and preventing him from absorbing anything he took in. He was sick and nothing but bones. Changed his diet and is doing WAY better.

So this would scare the pants off me except for the temporary effect of the pill. That would give a lot more control to what, when, how, etc. I would imagine...

This is interesting, but reminds me a lot of my uncle's story. He was diagnosed with adult onset pompe disease, and a severe gluten allergy. I don't know how these may or may not play off each other, but he would eat and eat and eat and lose weight by the day. What his doctors described to him was that the gluten in what he was eating was coating his intestine and preventing him from absorbing anything he took in. He was sick and nothing but bones. Changed his diet and is doing WAY better.

So this would scare the pants off me except for the temporary effect of the pill. That would give a lot more control to what, when, how, etc. I would imagine...
Many years ago my father became hyperthyroid. I remember him eating gallons of ice cream and whole pies. The rest of us sat in the corner drooling. He was suddenly effortlessly thin. He was diagnosed then they told him he was going to have to drink a radioactive cocktail that would 'kill' his thyroid. With perfect kid logic, I told him the night before he should only drink about 1/3 of it, then drop it on the floor(OOOPS) so he could stay thin and still eat.

Latest posts

Back