Bariatric Advantage Cherry Calcium

k9ophile

They changed these! I didn't like the chocolate or cinnamon. Now the cherry is bad, at least to my taste buds.

Any recommendations? I know every one will taste things differently, yet I'm grateful for any ideas to start looking for a new calcium supplement.

They changed these! I didn't like the chocolate or cinnamon. Now the cherry is bad, at least to my taste buds.

Any recommendations? I know every one will taste things differently, yet I'm grateful for any ideas to start looking for a new calcium supplement.

UpCal D is a fine powdered calcium citrate, no real flavor just slightly sweet. I let it dissolve in my mouth, but it easily mixes into yogurt or protein shakes etc. It comes in individual 500mg packets as well as in a can with a 500mg scoop. I get mine from Amazon.

Oh, yeah. Bariatric Advantage has a jar of unflavored calcium crystals w/vit d. They used to have "stick packs" of 600 mg of calcium w/some Vit D for absorption...but I can't see them there now. But the stuff SusanBrown describes sounds better.

Well, it took more than a couple of days, yet it finally arrived. I can not discern a taste and it dissolves quickly. I got a canister for when I'm home and the sticks for when I'm not.

Thanks, SusanBrown and southernlady for your input.

They DID change them! Xylitol is now their first "other" ("other than the vitamin and calcium" ingredients) listed. They got rid of maltodextrin, probably not good for us, but--to me--it tasted okay. I'm going another route now on calcium.

I think I'm "copying" several members here and trying UpCal D...and the rest of the COMB protocol.

I really don't want osteoporosis drugs and, lately, walking has been painful...not just ankles, knees and hips...my usual...but my back, too. And I'm suddenly walking hunched over...so this has to stop.

Spiky Bugger Bariatric Advantage also has calcium crystals like the UpCal D. I started using them at home. I have some of the UpCal D packets for traveling. I feel your pain (literally). I have shrunk in height. I met up with my older sister last year to celebrate her birthday. Naturally pictures were taken. We were the same height for years. She posted one on Facebook and my reactions was, "Shit! I really AM the Little Sister!"

I keep reminding myself that I shouldn't complain about getting older as so many are denied that privilege. Yet that adage is just about to get on my last nerve.

Latest posts

Back