Bariatric Advantage Cherry Calcium

Discussion in 'Vitamins & Labs' started by k9ophile, Feb 4, 2018.

k9ophile

k9ophile Well-Known Member

They changed these! I didn't like the chocolate or cinnamon. Now the cherry is bad, at least to my taste buds.

Any recommendations? I know every one will taste things differently, yet I'm grateful for any ideas to start looking for a new calcium supplement.

Spiky Bugger

Spiky Bugger Well-Known Member

I still take the cherry and the chocolate.

southernlady

southernlady Administrator Staff Member

Have you tried the UpCal that resembles a Pixie Stix? I don’t use them but SusanBrownSusanBrown does. She said they are very easy to take.

2000DuodenalSwitch likes this.
    2000DuodenalSwitch

2000DuodenalSwitch Active Member

UpCal D is a fine powdered calcium citrate, no real flavor just slightly sweet. I let it dissolve in my mouth, but it easily mixes into yogurt or protein shakes etc. It comes in individual 500mg packets as well as in a can with a 500mg scoop. I get mine from Amazon.

galaxygrrl

galaxygrrl Well-Known Member

Spiky Bugger

Oh, yeah. Bariatric Advantage has a jar of unflavored calcium crystals w/vit d. They used to have "stick packs" of 600 mg of calcium w/some Vit D for absorption...but I can't see them there now. But the stuff SusanBrownSusanBrown describes sounds better.

k9ophile

Thank you all. I can stomach quite a few things that taste bad, but this cherry flavor isn't one I care to continue.

Spiky Bugger likes this.
    k9ophile

I've ordered the UpCal. It should get here in a couple of days.

k9ophile

Well, it took more than a couple of days, yet it finally arrived. I can not discern a taste and it dissolves quickly. I got a canister for when I'm home and the sticks for when I'm not.

Thanks, SusanBrownSusanBrown and southernladysouthernlady for your input.

southernlady

Glad to help.

southernlady

Glad to help.

2000DuodenalSwitch

2000DuodenalSwitch Active Member

Glad you like it!!

Spiky Bugger

They DID change them! Xylitol is now their first "other" ("other than the vitamin and calcium" ingredients) listed. They got rid of maltodextrin, probably not good for us, but--to me--it tasted okay. I'm going another route now on calcium.

I think I'm "copying" several members here and trying UpCal D...and the rest of the COMB protocol.

I really don't want osteoporosis drugs and, lately, walking has been painful...not just ankles, knees and hips...my usual...but my back, too. And I'm suddenly walking hunched over...so this has to stop.

k9ophile

Spiky BuggerSpiky Bugger Bariatric Advantage also has calcium crystals like the UpCal D. I started using them at home. I have some of the UpCal D packets for traveling. I feel your pain (literally). I have shrunk in height. I met up with my older sister last year to celebrate her birthday. Naturally pictures were taken. We were the same height for years. She posted one on Facebook and my reactions was, "Shit! I really AM the Little Sister!"

I keep reminding myself that I shouldn't complain about getting older as so many are denied that privilege. Yet that adage is just about to get on my last nerve.

Spiky Bugger likes this.