Back in Hospital

I will call later, but you’d better tell me where you end up...in case I have to educate them.

Does Dr. K know?

Now this! C diff is a horrid disease, more deadly than AIDS, anymore. So you MUST go after it with all the energy you, and your family, (and DianaCox when she’s back in town) can manage.

A couple of us here have had c diff and have recovered using different approaches. They may start you on Flagyl, it helps many. But it doesn’t always work. Then, the approaches become more costly, so be prepared for that shock.

If the Flagyl works, great. If it works and then stops working, it’s not the end of the world, just the end of that drug for this issue for you. If it doesn’t work at all, do not despair. It’s hard to “not despair,” because the process of shitting your guts out a gazillion times a day can be exhausting. And sometimes, the meds “work,” but only for a week and then you start over again with symptoms and that can be depressing. But again...

SOMETIMES, IT TAKES A LONG TIME TO FIND THE RIGHT DRUG OR TREATMENT AND THEN IT TAKES EVEN LONGER FOR YOU TO KNOW IT REALLY WORKED.

When I get over today’s crisis here, I’ll send you a PM telling you how we treated mine. I hope other c diff survivors here do, too!

Has anyone heard from C? Spiky Bugger DianaCox?

Just got off the phone w/Charris. (She and I have both had phone issues.)
She is still in the acute care hospital. Eleven days. Poop is improving, but still not quite DS-normal. She’s on both Flagyl AND vancomycin.

(Comparing to my experience...each of those helped...but only temporarily. I told her that these drugs help MOST people, but just in case, if symptoms return, it is not the end of the workd. This can take a while.)

Her insurance just approved her transfer to a SNF. She wants to go to one that is part of the same company, but a nicer facility in a nicer area and her daughter has checked the place out.

She sounds weak. But once you shit your guts out, many-many-many times a day, for weeks (or longer) on end, you get exhausted.

I’ll share what I learn.

Latest posts

Back