Anyone used a BMI scale?

DonRobbie

I just purchased a digital scale that has sensors that are supposed to give you all sorts of neat data about how decrepit you are and also connects to an app on the phone via bluetooth. It's a Renpho, I downloaded the app and broke it in.
It gives, Weight, BMI (going off the height I entered when I installed the app), Body Fat %, Fat Free Body Weight, Body water %, 'Skeletal Muscle' %, Muscle Mass (in lbs), Bone Mass (in lbs), Protein %, Basal Metabolic Rate, and Metabolic age.
Has anyone used one these gadgets and did you derive any benefit from any of the statistics besides the weight?

I have a smart scale. I mostly use it to avoid having to key in my weight - it syncs to MyFitnessPal and then makes nifty charts. BMI I always calculated myself. The body fat % function on mine seems buggered, so never used it.

We have one designed to keep track of two people. Hubby is all into it. I just weigh. There are some things I just am not interested in figuring out...and numbers gives me a headache, :)

Sounds nice actually. I'm of the school that only weighs in at doctors visits. I don't even own a scale.
If I ever decide to purchase one though - it's gonna be a smart one LOL. Kinda kewl to get such info in an app!

J.

Latest posts

Back