Anyone ever have colon dilated?

DSRIGGS

Yes, that is chocolate covered bacon
Dr K ordered a barium enema study for me and it showed per him "a significant portion of colon that is narrow and in spasm". After talking he says I need a colonoscopy which I absolutely due not want, but he says without it he can't properly diagnose and choose the appropriate treatment plan. Depending on what is found it either has to come out or a dilation of the colon. Basically now I have to keep my stool almost diarrhea or I can't pass it, so I drink a shit ton and take Citrucel a couple times a day. Most days I am okay, but with this freaking Mast Cell Activation Disease my body is such a mess. I drink like 13 gallons of water, coffee and tea daily and eat lots of soup, carrots and other non bloating veggies and I still get so dried out. I keep a bottle of water in the bathroom and I drink a whole bottle overnight or I am dry as dirt. I also get very easily constipated if I take any new meds that have that risk.

Anyway, I really do not want more surgery so I am hoping this potential stricture can be fixed with dilation. It looks like there might be a stricture at the anastomosis from when my redundant sigmoid colon came out and was reattached. I am just wondering if any of you have ever had a dilation for a narrowed colon and if it helped?

TIA

Latest posts

Back