Anybody here cook?

Spiky Bugger

So I was thinking...I have a big ol' bulb of fennel, and lots of red potatoes, and various color onions, and some cheese.

Maybe I could slice the potatoes and the fennel bulb and some onions and layer them with salt, pepoer, cheese, and stuff and cram it in the oven for a while...and make that a thing.

Would it be a thing? And edible thing?

Suggestions?

ETA...mabe that leftover 1/4 cup of chicken broth, too.

Sounds good to me! How did you end up with fennel?

I ordered it as part of an online grocery purchase that was mostly a disaster. Big enough disaster that I got a full refund and had to throw out lots of things. But the fennel looks fine, so I should use it.

So I was thinking...I have a big ol' bulb of fennel, and lots of red potatoes, and various color onions, and some cheese.

Maybe I could slice the potatoes and the fennel bulb and some onions and layer them with salt, pepoer, cheese, and stuff and cram it in the oven for a while...and make that a thing.

Suggestions?

It sounds delicious, sort of like a gratin, although they usually have the cheese sauce that's made with flour and some milk. I think you could leave the milk out though and use your broth as the liquid, either with or without a small amount of thickener such as flour. I'll be anxious to hear how it tastes!

I ordered it as part of an online grocery purchase that was mostly a disaster. Big enough disaster that I got a full refund and had to throw out lots of things. But the fennel looks fine, so I should use it.

Sounds good to me! How did you end up with fennel?

And, they STILL want to be friends, so they are sending me MORE free groceries in two days. They will soon be out of business.

Suggestions?

Seriously, what the hell is wrong with you?? Don't you have a Panera or something in your neighborhood??? Replant the damn fennel and get in the car.

I cook! now. I spent so many years eating out and now I find that cooking makes shit taste so much better. And fucking fresh too!

PS I had my lap band taken out since it was not doing a great job and trying to kill me with GERD and night time vomiting. That piece of plastic shit is now decomposing in Dr. Le Punts garden. May IT decompose in peace (pieces).

Last edited:
PS I had my lap band taken out since it was not doing a great job and trying to kill me with GERD and night time vomiting. That piece of plastic shit is now decomposing in Dr. Le Punts garden. May IT decompose in peace (pieces).
Glad you got that POS out....now to move forward.

Try putting your ingredients into Google search along with the word "recipe." Something usually comes up when I do that.

Latest posts

Back