Any other RNYers here?

cajungirl

Inquiring minds want to know! I'm really liking the new board so far, fairly easy to maneuver around.

So if we have other RNYers here please post....when did you have surgery, how are you doing, any questions or concerns?

I had proximal RNY 2/21/05 with Dr. Wongsa in Houston, Tx. Just got word this week that he passed away. I will forever be grateful for his passion for helping those of us that have struggled with obesity.

I'm doing great and maintaining weight loss. I'm told I take way more vitamins than many other RNYers. Idk why....I supplement according to my lab needs.

I was an RNY for 12+ years... think it's so wise and health-preserving to be taking more vites. Long term supplement info still isn't widely promoted and getting it right is so important -- part of what makes the info on these boards so important for all WLS vets. I learned that the hard way. Sounds like you're doing it right!

Inquiring minds want to know! I'm really liking the new board so far, fairly easy to maneuver around.

So if we have other RNYers here please post....when did you have surgery, how are you doing, any questions or concerns?

I had proximal RNY 2/21/05 with Dr. Wongsa in Houston, Tx. Just got word this week that he passed away. I will forever be grateful for his passion for helping those of us that have struggled with obesity.

I'm doing great and maintaining weight loss. I'm told I take way more vitamins than many other RNYers. Idk why....I supplement according to my lab

Which vites do you take?
Here's what I take:

B-12, B-1, Multi, calcium citrate, A, D, E, C, iron

I would have to pull the quantities later. My last labs I was slightly deficient in B-1 and my A was on the low side. I take a total of 21 vitamins a day. I am thinking about adding K-1.

Just found out I have some bone loss and osteopenia. This came about after my hysterectomy...both sides of my family deal with osteo

Omg, I only take one multivitamin a day plus one calcium with vit D, then I regularly have marmite (yeast extract like veggie mite ) for B12. My bloods are taken just once a year, not sure that it covers all the vitamin range that you guys talk about. More to do with HbA1C thyroids and iron levels. Perhaps I should speak with my GP. Can someone please tell me exactly what you have checked on yours? Thank you
Andrea
X

Andrea, here is the link to vitalady's suggestions. Not sure if you know her but she's a well respected WLS post-op with many years of experience and VERY helpful to many of us in the states. The second pdf file is her suggested labs. This is the one I use. She also gives recommendations of necessary vitamins for each type of surgery. This is a your miles my vary situation based on lab results. http://bariatricfacts.org/threads/vitalady-links.11/

Andrea, here is the link to vitalady's suggestions. Not sure if you know her but she's a well respected WLS post-op with many years of experience and VERY helpful to many of us in the states. The second pdf file is her suggested labs. This is the one I use. She also gives recommendations of necessary vitamins for each type of surgery. This is a your miles my vary situation based on lab results. http://bariatricfacts.org/threads/vitalady-links.11/

thanks for this, but it all seems like double dutch to me at the moment, i obviously need to study it well and try and make sense of it. thanks again xx

RNY here - 03/16/2010 - highest weight was 289 - lowest weight was 130 - now holding around 155.
Looking for more areas to get some support for the maintenance - I will be the first to tell you - I still HATE working out, not a runner, but do very much enjoy walking. Trying to formulate something related to "working out" that will help me, as well as get back on track with food, old ways creeping back in! Look forward to checking this site out!

Hi MomWags, welcome! The maintenance part is definitely a little trickier than our honeymoon adventures. One day at a time is my motto. I don't believe in bad/good foods as long as I can control my intake and not go crazy. I'm also not one that enjoys exercise so I "know" I have to compensate with how much I eat to a degree. This works for me.

Latest posts

Back