Any advice for my first colonoscopy post DS?

Jacks39

Hi!
4 years out and have my first colonoscopy next week. Was prescribed Clenpiq and anti nausea meds. Anything different I should expect in my prep or otherwise as a DSer? Any tips in general? I’m finally gettting my hubby to install my bidet attachment this weekend, so that should help

Give the meds a little extra time.

I started at the time directed AND WAS NOT FINISHED when morning came. I was afraid I’d poop all the way to the hospital. (I didn’t.) But don’t delay taking the stuff.

(However, the GI doctor won’t want you to prep early. Apparently, a “freshly emptied” system is easier to inspect.)

I’ve heard to start a little early. Also bought some adult diapers for the ride to the surgery center just in case. I had that problem with my DS prep. Misery.

Oh, also, I whine and moan and insist that with 85% of my stomach removed, I won’t be able to “hold” all that crap you’re supposed to drink, and insist that I’ll barf it all over. (Which never happens.) They give up and let me use two small bottles of Mag Citrate.

Oiy, I already have diarrhea and cramping from fasting, and I’m not due to drink the prep for another few hours. Good lord I hope I don’t have to do this again for ten years or they need to give me pain meds for the prep not the procedure.
I forgot how upset my tummy gets from no solids, at least protein shakes. I’ll update y’all later!

Latest posts

Back