Another sucky day in the Neighborhood

All checked in and unpacked at the hotel. We had a really lovely dinner at Buca di Beppo. Just the chicken saltimbocca and salad, no bread or pasta, oh so yummy. I was over my calories for the day but, only 31 carbs. I think we are going to eat there tomorrow night too:p I have to have the blood work in the morning and even though the hospital does not require it to be fasting my surgeon does so, I can bank some calories for dinner:love: I have class right after the blood draw so I will have to wait till lunch to eat. Mmm. . . maybe some sashimi:D.

Had the class after blood draw this morning. What a waste of time. Same old story single ADEK tablets, Calcium but no magnesium with it. They want us to eat 3 meals a day and no snacks. The kicker? No protein shakes! They don't want us "drinking our calories". Post operative days 2-3 use sugar free jello and broth as meals instead of snacking throughout the day, absolutely no grazing!

Last edited:
Had the class after blood draw this morning. What a waste of time. Same old story single ADEK tablets, Calcium but no magnesium with it. They want us to eat 3 meals a day and no snacks. The kicker? No protein shakes! They don't want us "drinking our calories. Post operative days 2-3 use sugar free jello and broth as meals instead of snacking throughout the day, absolutely no grazing!
Too bad it was a waste of class....but it just helps those behind you that you HAVE to do your own advocacy and research.

More classes and consultation tomorrow.

I will actually get to meet my surgeon! Woohoo. That is, if the staff didn't cancel my appointment. I was a cranky, stressed out, bitch today, go figure!

We left the hotel at 8:20 a.m. for a 9:00 a.m. appointment, plugged the hospital into our phone and followed the directions. It took us 40 minutes out of our way. I was late getting to my blood draw then they were calling me on the phone to get my butt to class. My butt was on the toilet for an urinalysis. I told them about the direction screw-up they said "oh yeah, that is a new satellite of this hospital." WTF? How about a warning for us out of staters. We had no idea! Traffic was bad this morning too! Extra stress I did not need.

The woman giving the class kept asking if we had questions but got all snotty when I asked mine. I asked her if any patients were showing up later with vitamin deficiencies from taking their recommended ADEK tablets. I also asked why they were not recommending magnesium with the calcium supplementation. Seems to me there was a recent article about preventing kidney stones by upping the magnesium with your calcium supplementation. (I never mentioned any of this latter stuff) I just said okay when she said a very curt one-word reply, NO!

More classes and consultation tomorrow.
I asked her if any patients were showing up later with vitamin deficiencies from taking their recommended ADEK tablets. I also asked why they were not recommending magnesium with the calcium supplementation. Seems to me there was a recent article about preventing kidney stones by upping the magnesium with your calcium supplementation. (I never mentioned any of this latter stuff) I just said okay when she said a very curt one-word reply, NO!

So sayeth the great and powerful Oz, eh? Oy!

Hopefully you got some Xanax for tomorrow night when you replay all these classes in your mind! I'm all for the happy pills surgery week! And a big ugh for SLC traffic! I feel your pain. :confused:

So sayeth the great and powerful Oz, eh? Oy!

Hopefully you got some Xanax for tomorrow night when you replay all these classes in your mind! I'm all for the happy pills surgery week! And a big ugh for SLC traffic! I feel your pain. :confused:
Just an FYI- Xanax was on the list of things I was not allowed to take the week leading up to surgery, I believe they said it could potentially interact with anesthesia. That sucked since that week was when I needed it most!

Tomorrow is your big day, NA! Not sure if you will see this tonight or not, but all my best for a super awesome surgery tomorrow and a boring uneven truly recovery. You are in excellent hands in SLC. Speaking from personal experience :)

Latest posts

Back