Another sucky day in the Neighborhood

Hey NA, can't totally relate since given the choice of 2 weeks single meal and liquids or just liquids, like a real ASSHAT I chose just liquids. I believed if I screwed this up they would postpone me and I had no online support at the time.
That being said. The first 2-3 days were a nightmare! Got better by day 4 or so my body was pretty ok with it all...,
Keep at it! Eye on the prize!
Kenny

Btw all liquids since all my worst binges started with one extra bite, no bite... No BINGE AT LEAST IN MY HEAD

KennyK, I can relate. Out of desperation and to qualify for insurance, pre-DS I engaged in a medically-supervised 900 calorie a day liquid diet for 6+ months. My DS surgeon actually made me quit 4 weeks before surgery - he did not like me being on it at all and thought it was very unhealthy. So for the month immediately prior to surgery, I was moved to a high protein low fat low carb diet of real food...

Being on liquids only caused me to develop a brand new candy habit (sugar free then, sugared now) - though previously I honestly really never had a sweet tooth or issue with snacking. The liquid diet put me on that path because I felt like I needed something solid in my mouth. Just another reason why dieting isn't a great choice.

Oh Hillary, that is the worst! You have just been put though the wringer. I hope you feel as good as you look in your avatar!

This morning I decided that I am going to eat low carb too. I don't plan to increase the calories too much but just eat real food. I think I will feel a lot better that way.

Hey NA, can't totally relate since given the choice of 2 weeks single meal and liquids or just liquids, like a real ASSHAT I chose just liquids. I believed if I screwed this up they would postpone me and I had no online support at the time.
That being said. The first 2-3 days were a nightmare! Got better by day 4 or so my body was pretty ok with it all...,
Keep at it! Eye on the prize!
Kenny

Btw all liquids since all my worst binges started with one extra bite, no bite... No BINGE AT LEAST IN MY HEAD

I don't think with my current configuration, that I could make two weeks of strictly liquids. My stomach gets too rumbly and sour. I need a little real food to hush it. :unsure:

Last edited:
I don't think with my current configuration, that I could make two weeks of strictly liquids. My stomach gets to rumbly and sour. I need a little real food to hush it. :unsure:
In the 3 & 1/2 weeks I did that stupid diet I noticed something really odd and very frustrating at the time, my stomach would be rumbling with hunger pangs AS I was drinking my protein shakes. I remember thinking "wtf!? How can this be??"

In the 3 & 1/2 weeks I did that stupid diet I noticed something really odd and very frustrating at the time, my stomach would be rumbling with hunger pangs AS I was drinking my protein shakes. I remember thinking "wtf!? How can this be??"

I just feel acidy and burny when I am dieting. Hate it!

The first 3 days sucked then it was painless.
I was just worried if I ate and binged I could screw up my DS date.
I figured the liquids was the lesser of evils, and I wanted to give myself the best chance
Kenny

Not really though, dieting sucks no matter what neighborhood you live in, nine more days of this!

Today, I had around 1300 calories. I think I am supposed to be under 1000. Since my surgeon's office hasn't bothered to send the pre-op packet to me, I can't confirm this. I guess he can play dodge the liver in about 9 days! I am logging my intake on MyFitnessPal. I had to guess on my dinner. I think it is close enough.

I don't like being hungry.

Got my hotel reservations made today so, there's progress.

It seems like I am peeing every 45 minutes, except at night then, it's every 2 hours. So, I must be drinking enough. Sleep would be great! I will be ready for them to knock me out when I get to the OR.

Okay, there is my ramble for the day!
I downloaded the APP Lose it on my phone and iPad and I just have to scan the barcode of watever I eat and the nutritional value goes automatically in my phone or iPad :) I LOVE IT!!

I downloaded the APP Lose it on my phone and iPad and I just have to scan the barcode of watever I eat and the nutritional value goes automatically in my phone or iPad :) I LOVE IT!!

That's cool.
I think they are doing some of that on MFP now too. I love to cook so, I make most of my food from scratch. It would help with entering ingredients though. I will have to check into it some more.

The first 3 days sucked then it was painless.
I was just worried if I ate and binged I could screw up my DS date.
I figured the liquids was the lesser of evils, and I wanted to give myself the best chance
Kenny

I have lost like 8 pounds since the 7th but, I was up over 20 pounds since May, when I started this whole process. It has been a crazy few months. I quit smoking in June too, haven't touched a ciggy since. So, I figure I get extra credit. I have never spoken to my surgeon, there was not weight amount discussed. I figure it's all good.

Hi guys, I am in the car en route to Salt Lake City. Don't worry I am not driving.

I have bloodwork done in the morning then class after that. I will update more later.

Latest posts

Back