Another sucky day in the Neighborhood

Today's the day! Best wishes for a speedy and uneventful recovery! We're rooting for you!

Tomorrow is your big day, NA! Not sure if you will see this tonight or not, but all my best for a super awesome surgery tomorrow and a boring uneven truly recovery. You are in excellent hands in SLC. Speaking from personal experience :)
Thanks so much, Paula! All is going well. I am hopeful for a continued boring recovery! I have decided that if I make it past day eight, all will be perfect. Day eight of any of my other post surgery experiences has been the time of infections. So I will sit back and be patient and try to keep the house as clean as possible. (Making my family keep it clean, cook the sponge/scrubby in the microwave for a couple of minutes twice a day, etc.)

It is funny, what I remember from the recovery room, the nurses were yelling at me to stop flailing around with my arms. The pain was so intense I was trying to get away from them. It went on for what seemed like forever. Then I woke in my room with my hubby and all seemed right with the world again.

It is funny, what I remember from the recovery room, the nurses were yelling at me to stop flailing around with my arms. The pain was so intense I was trying to get away from them. It went on for what seemed like forever. Then I woke in my room with my hubby and all seemed right with the world again.
That reminds me of when I awoke from the DS, the nurses were telling me to stop yelling because I was scaring the other patients I became conscious at that point and said "I'm not yelling".But then I realized I had been moaning as it hurt as they wheeled me over every bump to my room. It's funny what anesthesia does to you.
Keep up the steady recovery..you are doing great.

I hope I don't have too much pain :( nervous. I usually have a hard time waking up from anesthesia so maybe I'll be medicated by then, lol.

@catecholamine I guess you are going to do the surgery anyway. MAKE SURE THAT YOUR ANESTHESIOLOGIST KNOWS THAT YOU ARE SEVERELY ANEMIC. You have a lower oxygen-carrying capacity of the blood than normal. They need to avoid drugs and techniques that may worsen the situation by lowering the cardiac output or by allowing respiration to become depressed (lots of narcotics fall into that category).

I was so sick after my DS revision that I was actually awake during one of the surgeries they did to save my life. Paralyzed yes, but asleep no. Not a fun memory. That's the kind of thing that happens when your body is all out of whack. I told you before that I know what can go wrong and that's why I am speaking up. Sure hope you'll be ok.

I am not actually anemic...my iron stores are just used up and just now started to affect my red blood cells. My hemoglobin is on the low end of normal, but still normal. I'm just iron deficient. It will be alright.

I am not actually anemic...my iron stores are just used up and just now started to affect my red blood cells. My hemoglobin is on the low end of normal, but still normal. I'm just iron deficient. It will be alright.
Jesus, Mary and Joseph. You don't know what the FUCK you are talking about. Please reconsider. PLEASE.

*walks away knowing this will fall on deaf ears* SMDH

Latest posts

Back