Almost a year out...

BrianChesteen

Glad to be a Loser!
Closing in on a year out.

I have mixed emotions on where I am at this point. For the first 7 months out of surgery I was doing amazing. I was hitting weight loss numbers well above the averages that my surgeon's office was comparing me to. I started running and had worked my way up to an average of over 20 miles a week and my longest run was somewhere around 10 miles a pop. I was averaging 10 minute miles in races. Labs looking good and sticking to my Vit plan.

Then the weight loss stopped and I have remained at my current weight +-2 to 3 lbs for months.

My exercise has continued in both duration and intensity. Last Sunday I ran my first half marathon. I feel good and most people tell me that I don't need to lose any additional weight.

My personal goal was to get to at least 85% excess weight loss by 1 year and unless a miracle happens I ain't gonna make it and that bothers me somewhat.

Here is the deal however: I know what the issue is! Too many carbs and not enough protein. The problem however is that I can't seem to get back on track!

I am not sure how I can accomplish so much but yet feel so defeated.

:confused:

Yeah, I know, we can never be too thin. I bet you look wonderful. And congratulations on the running too. So you're healthy and in great shape. But you still want the number... I will say congratulations anyway!

If it means that much to you, you know what to do. I would suggest 2 weeks of protein only and you will probably be within spitting distance of that goal.

I don't know what you should do but I would also bet you look terrific. either way, one year is not enough time for you mind to adjust to your new body. it takes more time.

you may try to lose more or not, but congratulations!

WOW on all that running! That is quite impressive!!
And you're so close to your goal...when you're ready to tackle the carb monster you will.
It's hard I know...damn carbs. :(

Hi, so glad you stopped by to give us an update! I am sure you are very frustrated with your stall. You have really put your body through the ringer this year, major surgery, a huge new exercise program, a complete change in nutrition. Is it possible that your body is saying "screw you" I am holding onto every last ounce till something gives? I would definitely give the bod some extra protein and maybe some more complex carbs while cutting the simple carbs and see how you feel. Maybe that will kick the weight loss back in gear.

Latest posts

Back