Alberto Aceves (RIP 2014)

JackieOnLine

Staff member
I had a VSG with Dr. Aceves in Mexicali, Mexico August, 2008.

Dr. Aceves must be extremely skilled. I had small incisions and so very little discomfort - no pain - and the easiest recovery. I was impressed by the hospital: clean, beautiful and the staff all very professional. I saw Dr. Aceves and the two doctors he worked with several times a day and one was almost always available for questions. This was the least important fact to me, but Dr. Aceves has the most wonderful bedside manner, very warm and caring. There is not a structured aftercare program although I have had every e-mail question answered quickly, usually the same day. They are there to help, but you need to take responsibility for your aftercare and educated yourself on what you need to do.

This is incredibly late to when you posted it, but I find myself contemplating going to Mexico to get this done. I have found that the prices here in the States are just extreme, and the hoops for insurance are even worse.

How were you able to find out the reputation for the surgeon?

This is incredibly late to when you posted it, but I find myself contemplating going to Mexico to get this done. I have found that the prices here in the States are just extreme, and the hoops for insurance are even worse.

How were you able to find out the reputation for the surgeon?
Dr. Aceves died in a plane crash last year. And he was an excellent surgeon. http://mexicalimedicalguide.com/featured/dr-jose-alberto-aceves/

Probably Ungson is a logical choice.

yes, sadly, Dr. Aceves is no longer an option. I googled his name and read everything I could find out about him.

is Dr. Ungson the one now working at the same hospital? it was really a nice little place.

Latest posts

Back