After 2 1/2 years out, gall bladder stone......

Tiffani

Living Life Again
I thought I was gonna be a lucky one to not have gall bladder issues. Found out today I have one stone and a thick lining of sludge which turns into gall stones. Im bummed out. Just started a new job and don't have any time to take off. Actually before I got hired, I told them we had our cruise paid for and that I would need that week off. Thank God they were ok with it, so I will already be getting a full week unpaid the end of august. Not sure what to do. The PA didn't think it had to be taken out right now but eventually. I haven't been sick or throwing up. Just pain in my stomach after eating. Thank God my doctor David Kim can do my surgery! At least he is one doctor I trust to undergo another surgery.

Well...okay...but, many of the doctors on the DS surgeons list remove the gall bladder during the DS, just to prevent this situation. In your case, the timing isn't bad, but the less-than-a-year people really should not have to go back so soon.

Have you started any meds?

For pre-ops reading this...a hundred years ago on the old Phil Donahue show, a whole bunch of people on the ORIGINAL NutriSystem program were on tv complaining of needing Gall Bladder surgery after losing so much weight so fast. It doesn't seem to matter HOW we lose it, just how fast we lose it.

That's why surgeons who want it removed are possibly saving their patients from a needed second surgery.

Last edited:
sorry to hear you are having problems, Tiffani, hope you find meds or something and don't need surgery...keep us updated.

I never had GB problems but was afraid of it so I asked my surgeon to take it out when I got my VSG - no regrets.

I ended up having GB surgery 14 days ago. It was a tough surgery. Was very sore for 11 days. I hated sleeping at night and turning over. Its over now though. I feel human again and now I don't have to deal with GB pain and we can go on our cruise now without worrying about any emergencies happening.

I ended up having GB surgery 14 days ago. It was a tough surgery. Was very sore for 11 days. I hated sleeping at night and turning over. Its over now though. I feel human again and now I don't have to deal with GB pain and we can go on our cruise now without worrying about any emergencies happening.
Glad you're recovered and you'll be able to enjoy your vacation! What ended up happening with work?

Latest posts

Back