Adjusting CC length

Justme

Hello! I just had surgery with Dr. K. I'm still pretty sore but it's getting better. I think i may get released tomorrow. I had a hiatal hernia that he repaired and he also shortened my common channel. Part of my CC was attached to the mesh I had from a hernia repair 10 years ago so he had to cut away part of the mesh and part of the CC because he wasn't able to separate them. But everything else went fine. I had my DS about 12 years ago and my CC was made 3 times too long according to the Hess method. (TSBL was 480cm and CC was made to be 150cm but should have been 50cm) I never got to goal and started gaining weight about 2 1/2 years post DS. So for the last year I have been reading, learning, asking questions (thanks Scott!) and looking for a surgeon who does the Hess method. Dr. K was my first choice and he agreed to help me. He has been amazing!!! So now I'm just waiting to get released from the hospital.

Thanks again to Diana and laura for your time and help.

Justme

I’m very happy for you! Finding out and getting these things fixed must make you feel so good (and hopeful for what is ahead).
P.s. I realize you don’t feel so great physically at the moment!;)

Congratulations on a successful procedure. Please remember to stay hydrated above all else! Hoping for a speedy recovery for you.

I've been walking the halls, drinking my protein water and napping when I'm pooped!
Any other suggestions to get the gas out?

So glad you finally have the DS you deserve! Revisions are tough, and yours sounds pretty involved, which slows down the intestines for longer than usual. You are doing everything right, now it's just a matter of time.

Thank you all so much for your positive replies! I've been so discouraged and depressed over this weight gain but you all have made me feel welcomed and accepted here. I'll keep you posted on how things are going.

Thank you all so much for your positive replies! I've been so discouraged and depressed over this weight gain but you all have made me feel welcomed and accepted here. I'll keep you posted on how things are going.

Well, don't be depressed about being in the hospital. It's an IMPORTANT hospital because I was born there.

Now the sad part: i was there for a colonosopy about a year or so ago. I told one of the nurses I was born there. Without hesitating, he just said, "I didn't know the hospital was that old."

He apologized immediately, but the damage was done...lol!

Latest posts

Back