A Third Revision Needed

cboone

Hi my name is Tee. My apologies for not brining my "A" game to this forum. If I may start again. I am struggling getting and keeping my weight under 200ibs at age 45. I had my first RNY gastric bypass in 2008 with Dr. Isaac Newton in Iowa City. I started at 303lbs got to 220lbs very slowly and then after about 18 months starting going back up and returned to old eating habits etc. In 2013 I was back up to 260lbs so I got an RNY revision in Mexicali by Dr. Aceves (my he rest in peace). My gastric pouch was revised from 10cm to 7cm. The anastomosis was measured in endoscopy last week at approximately 25mm. It was too restricted in 2009 shortly after my first RNY and they dilated it twice to approximately 20mm. After the 2013 revision of the pouch I got back to the 220lbs again then weight loss stopped again. Now I'm back up to 260lbs the pouch is at 7cm and anastomosis is at 25mm. My limbs are 75cm Roux loop, and the 30cm bilio-pancreatic limb. I currently live in Virginia and I am looking to revise for a third and final time.

:rainbowwelcome: @cboone

Sorry you haven't had good results so far and need a third revision. At this point, I would suggest only TWO surgeons for a revision given your history...and I'm not sure if they could do it. But it would not hurt to contact them. I really would NOT have anyone else touch me if I were you at this point.

The two I would suggest are both in California:
Dr. Ara Keshishian
Dr. John Rabkin

I would talk to Elariny too - but I don't know how many RNY to DS conversions he's done. I too would only go with Rabkin or Keshishian.

Latest posts

Back