A/Prof Peter Nottle in Melbourne, Australia

Parousia

Peter Nottle is one of a handful of doctors in Australia who do the Duodenal Switch. He is an excellent cutter and one of the best upper GI surgeons in Australia. He did my DS on 19 Feb 2014, and although I had some complications, they were related to the anaesthetic and my sleep apnoea, rather than to the surgery itself.

Are you happy you had the DS? Do you have many side effects? My Hubby and I have been recommended Peter Nottle from a lady on this
site, as we need someone in Australia. We have had the sleeve and require revisional surgery and surgeons on the Gold Coast are doing the SADIS and the SIPS, but not the DS. I have a friend who has had the real BPD DS and is doing extremely well with it. We are thinking we will have to go to Melbourne if we want to have the DS. Thanks Liz O

Are you happy you had the DS? Do you have many side effects?

I didn't reply to you in the other thread, but I will here. Getting the DS was one of the best decisions in my life. I'd had a lapband before, which did basically nothing for my weight loss and made me miserable. I've gone from 118kg to 64kg in about 18 months, and I'm now two years out.

I know from when my mum contacted him that Nottle requires two weeks post surgery to remain in Melbourne, but I'd just get an Air BnB and make a holiday out of it. You'll be sore, but I was able to get around Montreal and NYC in the 10 days following my DS and do some touristy things in between naps.

Thank you for your advice, Harrietvane, how did you manage the after care and follow ups after having the DS surgery done in Canada? Whilst living in Singapore. As I live in Queensland, so I would have to fly to Melbourne, do you skype etc? Are you both happy you had the DS? How many vitamins do you need to take each day? Do you have issues with lactose and gluten? Any issues with SBS? I know the DS has been around for 20 years, and so far has the best weight loss results. I had also been looking at the SIPS surgery, I have previously had the lap band regrettably, and the sleeve surgery, with losing 30 kgs initially on both, I am back to the drawing board and have 50 to 60 kg's to lose again now, as I have now regained, 20 kgs, so three years later, my sleeve has stretched, same with my Hubby. My Hubby and I have recently seen a surgeon on the Gold Coast who is looking at SIPS surgery, and he tells me he has met the USA Surgeons Roslin and Cottam who have pioneered this surgery and how there are studies being done in Quebec comparing the SIPS surgery and the classic DS surgery. However I am in two minds about which one to have and I am keen for some more information about the DS surgery, if your able to tell me anything at all, ie advantages etc. Thanks Liz O :)

Thanks Parousia, Muchly appreciated, Do you live in Australia? Are you pleased you had the DS surgery, can you please tell me more about the DS surgery please? how many vitamins do you need to take each day, do you have any side effects, are you gluten intolerant, and lactose intolerant? Do you have SBS issues? Thanks Liz O :)

Latest posts

Back