A product intended for fish in aquariums (probiotic related)

Lisa Gemmel

My heart wrestles in a kilt <3
This sounds weird, I know. Back in early 2008, just a short while after having my DS, I had troubles with persistent diarrhea. Against my now ex-husband's wishes, I ordered and started using some product that was recommended to work for my issues. I had to order it from a fish supply company online.

For the life of me, I cannot remember what it was called. I think it started with an "f." Does anyone know what I'm talking about? A friend here at work is going through a hard time - even though she's fifteen years out, she's struggling like a newbie. What I'm referring to really helped me, so I wanted to tell her what it was.

Thanks in advance,
Lisa

This sounds weird, I know. Back in early 2008, just a short while after having my DS, I had troubles with persistent diarrhea. Against my now ex-husband's wishes, I ordered and started using some product that was recommended to work for my issues. I had to order it from a fish supply company online.

For the life of me, I cannot remember what it was called. I think it started with an "f." Does anyone know what I'm talking about? A friend here at work is going through a hard time - even though she's fifteen years out, she's struggling like a newbie. What I'm referring to really helped me, so I wanted to tell her what it was.

Thanks in advance,
Lisa

Yes, but. FishZole is, like Munchkin said, metronidazole, aka Flagyl. It is NOT an expensive drug. And it is one of the VERY FEW drugs that might be able to conquer c diff, so you don’t want to overuse it and...MAYBE...her physicians need to know that she is having these issues.

When I foolishly take Augmentin (which I won’t do again) or some other antibiotic that tears my guts up, my surgeon will write me an Rx for flagyl and my GI doctor also approves...500mg, tid, for a month. Because poop should have a shape! (And maybe should happen only a few times a day.)

GoodRx shows me a cash price of less than $50 for 270 tablets...more than most people would need, but
I also have IBS-D. A ten day course is less than $7.00...without insurance.

So...FishZole is essentially the same thing...but it’s cheaper, especially if she has insurance, and safer to get it via one of her doctors.

There were some people taking a Fish Zole to counteract to stinky side effects of carb bingeing. A terrible idea. Every time you take a round of Flagyl, and even more so a sub-therapeutic amount, you increase the odds of developing another antibiotic resistant strain of C.diff and other bad bugs.

There were some people taking a Fish Zole to counteract to stinky side effects of carb bingeing. A terrible idea. Every time you take a round of Flagyl, and even more so a sub-therapeutic amount, you increase the odds of developing another antibiotic resistant strain of C.diff and other bad bugs.

I can attest to that. When i went in the hospital the first time the gave me flagyl and another antibiotic. I was tested for c-diff and was negative. When i was in the hospital the second time 2weeks later. I was tested for c-diff and was then i was positive. Ugggh I took oral Vanko for 6 weeks. I think it was because they gave me all those antibiotics for the entire 4 weeks i was there. But who knows

Latest posts

Back