9 weeks out report

BrianChesteen

Glad to be a Loser!
Nothing Earth shattering to report...

The gout attack has finally mostly worked its way out. Just had to tough it out.

Had another sleep study done to hopefully lower my CPAP pressure. Waiting on the followup appt. with the Dr. to find out.

I am eating more protein from food now. Testing various foods to help with that. It seems I have the most problem with certain textures vs the type or spice level of food. Unless scrambled eggs are really soft, I gag on em. Yesterday I tried the meat from an Arby's roast beef and the texture bothered me. Bathroom issues are rare. I do have some gas and the bad stink comes and goes mostly at night. I am almost convinced that the CPAP pushes air into my system. I average around 40g carbs a day with the occasional day over 50.

Very consistent with my vits. I am following my modified VL regimen and have now worked up to 2 tender iron pills a day. Will add a 3rd in a few weeks. For some reason taking these vits makes me gag occasionally. I never have issues with any other pills but the vits do it to me. It is tolerable however and I just deal with it.

Really getting into the exercise! Working on training for a 5K. Walking/jogging and hiking almost everyday now.

Down 5 blue jean sizes! Down to XL shirts vs 3X. People at work are in amazement! Tons of the same questions everyday. People that have not seen me and don't know about the surgery are shocked and want to know if I am dying or not....

I am still losing an average of 5lbs a week not counting the first few weeks where I was dropping 3 times that amount. The following chart shows my work in green and the red line is based on my surgeon's advertised averages of his patients that he has done the DS on.

2v2tg92.png

As long as I stay South of that red line, I am beating his average.

I have noticed many examples of how I can make myself believe that this is real. I can now fit into those booths/tables like at Arby's and have room to spare. I can fit into my airplane and pull the control stick all the way back without it hitting my belly first. I can get into a compact car without too much pain and agony. I can lay in the tub and get both arms down beside me at the same time.

My wife bought me a suit to wear on Easter. I don't fit in it right now but am hopeful that I will by then! I have not worn a suit since forever....

The NSV's are the BEST part.

BTW, I was ONLY suppose to lose about 80% of my excess which would have left me well within overweight. As it is, I am RIGHT on the normal BMI. He wanted me to stop losing at 155...my current is 145. When I got to 140, he said to STOP...I didn't but I knew I needed bounceback room.

Oh, and the spring after my dh and I had surgery, we had to get him a suit in a hurry...found one at Goodwill amazingly enough. Then we discovered the funeral we had to purchase it for was delayed a month. By the time he ended up wearing it, it was too big...it was a 38 waist and by then he was down to a 34.

Really getting into the exercise! Working on training for a 5K. Walking/jogging and hiking almost everyday now.

great work, Brian, those habits are going to stick with you I can tell. :038:

do you tell the people at work about your DS?

Awesome report, Brian!

I had trouble with Arby's at first too -- I thought it was the perfect choice but it did not sit well at all! And I ate a lot of soft scrambled eggs with cheese. It took me forever not to gag on my vitamins. I had to take them literally one pill at a time at first. I still have trouble sometimes with burping them up!

Keep enjoying those rapid weight-loss weeks. It's so much fun! :)

Latest posts

Back