6/7/2020 Weekly Activity Report

Settledownnow

**Please post your activity for the week. This is not an athletic competition. The purpose is to provide encouragement to stay active and work toward living a healthy lifestyle.

Daily walking, biking x3, horseback riding x2

Things have calmed down a lot around here and/or the exercise is really helping to calm my mind. It feels good.

southernlady

Administrator
Staff member
Just walking this week.

I saw this lateral pedal machine on Facebook and it is really tempting me. I wonder if I would really use it though.
I’ve seen another type on the commercials on OTA tv. More like pedaling a bike. It looks interesting but like you, I wonder if I would use it.

Settledownnow

Just walking this week.

I’ve seen another type on the commercials on OTA tv. More like pedaling a bike. It looks interesting but like you, I wonder if I would use it.
I love that it gets all sides of your legs rather than just front and back. I will think about it a little longer before I pull the trigger.

JackieOnLine

Staff member
if you do get us, let us know what you think. I once ordered a nordic track (this was decades ago) and I DID use it but ended up returning it because it hurt me. I forget the details but I decided it was just designed for someone taller.

I've been walking regularly, so that's good.

Settledownnow

if you do get us, let us know what you think. I once ordered a nordic track (this was decades ago) and I DID use it but ended up returning it because it hurt me. I forget the details but I decided it was just designed for someone taller.

I've been walking regularly, so that's good.
I had the Nordic track many years ago. That was hard to use! I returned it also.

Settledownnow

I have been invited to go swimming next week. First, my heart melted with the invitation because for the first time in 3 months I was not treated like a walking infection. Next, I have to find a bathing suit. I have not gone swimming in 100 years. I'm searching the internet for a supportive tankini top and boy shorts. It's going to be hard to find a supportive top for these boobs. Suggestions or ideas?

Georgepds

Kayaking started the day before yesterday

I'm about half the size I used to be , and let me tell you, it's a lot easier getting in and out of the kayak. Previously, the crash and splash exit was the prefered dismount

There are egrets, terns, and cormorants everywhere... I always get a kick out of the egrets, they look too exotic for New England

Georgepds

I have been invited to go swimming next week. First, my heart melted with the invitation because for the first time in 3 months I was not treated like a walking infection. Next, I have to find a bathing suit. I have not gone swimming in 100 years. I'm searching the internet for a supportive tankini top and boy shorts. It's going to be hard to find a supportive top for these boobs. Suggestions or ideas?
I swam at the Y the whole month of February, it had been nearly 35 years ( did you know in Paris there are public pools everywhere, and for a modest fee, you get in, at least 35 years ago). I got back to my old distances, or at least my old duration, about an hour of lap swimming

I always liked the Y.. the clients are skewed towards geezers and kids.. some of the geezers are serious swimmers.. excluding, of course, the warm pool ladies.. the kids are there mostly for a good time

I would not worry about presentation too too much, one of the warm pool ladies who'd greet me was in her 90's and approached the pool in a walker. Her spirit was magnificent.

I had to buy a new suit too... I got one at Dick's sporting goods... they let you try them on

Then the gyms closed

Last edited: