4 years ago today

southernlady

Administrator
Staff member
Today, 4 years ago I was wheeled into the OR to get my DS with Dr. Boyce.

So rather than do a repeat of last years post, http://bariatricfacts.org/threads/its-been-3-years.463/
This year, I'm gonna focus on what I can do that I couldn't before.
Can walk up and down stairs normally...not the one foot, then both feet on step, move another foot, etc that is very typical of the obese.

Spent three weeks on vacation this summer, and another 10 days after Christmas and still maintained my weight.

FINALLY recognizing the person in the mirror as ME.

Getting told by my PCP that my diabetes is fine...as in normal. (I don't see it that way but they have different rules for the "ELDERLY" as in below 6.5 for those of us 60-70 and under 7.0 for those over 70. And I AM 60!

My weight has shifted as in redistribution has struck! I was warned it would happen. Mine all shifted back to my waist and chest. Which makes it hard to find tops that fit me that still fit my boobs. And my waist has made me a solid 6/sometimes an 8.

I still deal with skinny people problems. #skinnypeopleproblems

I haven't weighed yet for the week...that is tomorrow. But last Sunday was 134.

Happy surgiversary! Congratulations on all your success and reclaiming your health! :party:

I love reading posts like this. It's very inspirational for a pre-op like me.

Happy surgiversary! :D Something about your post just made me feel inspired... like I'm going to get through this and it's all going to be okay and my life is going to be so much better. :) Thank you for these boards, and thanks for all you do and all the information and inspiration you share! :)

Latest posts

Back