4/5/2020 Weekly Activity Report

Settledownnow

**Please post your activity for the week. This is not an athletic competition. The purpose is to provide encouragement to stay active and work toward living a healthy lifestyle.

Walked daily
Started couch to 5K - ran once. It was hard!!

I'm trying to be thankful it is spring and we are not on "stay at home" orders during the winter. The walking helps some.

The weather was pretty lovely here today and I got to feel the sun on my head.

Attachments

• BD06E562-1C2D-457B-90F4-0FBBAC0C665F.jpeg
    BD06E562-1C2D-457B-90F4-0FBBAC0C665F.jpeg
    112.2 KB · Views: 2
I just keep walking. It is really helping me deal with anxiety. I am normally not a very anxious person but I live in Suffolk County on Long Island (New York) and the town next to me has the highest rate of Covid-19 on Long Island. To put this in perspective I live approximately 5 minutes away from the epicenter by car. The only place in NY that has higher rates of Covid are inside the 5 boroughs.

Our local newspaper daily lists the medical staff that has passed due to the virus. Due to my Mother’s poor health prior to her passing, I knew several of the nurses.

I find that staying in doors listening to the radio or having the tv on for “company“ is driving me crazy. Everyday we have special reports from the NYC mayor, daily updates from the governor, as well as special reports from the POTUS. My daily walks right now are keeping me sane.

I just keep walking. It is really helping me deal with anxiety. I am normally not a very anxious person but I live in Suffolk County on Long Island (New York) and the town next to me has the highest rate of Covid-19 on Long Island. To put this in perspective I live approximately 5 minutes away from the epicenter by car. The only place in NY that has higher rates of Covid are inside the 5 boroughs.

Our local newspaper daily lists the medical staff that has passed due to the virus. Due to my Mother’s poor health prior to her passing, I knew several of the nurses.

I find that staying in doors listening to the radio or having the tv on for “company“ is driving me crazy. Everyday we have special reports from the NYC mayor, daily updates from the governor, as well as special reports from the POTUS. My daily walks right now are keeping me sane.

I do this also. When I start feeling anxious, I get outside and walk or put on a walking DVD. It helps. I also shut off the tv and try to only look at the updates once per day. It is all out of my hands and not worth wrecking my own health. As they say, you must put on your own oxygen mask first before you can help others.

Latest posts

Back