4/12/2020 Weekly Activity Report

Settledownnow

**Please post your activity for the week. This is not an athletic competition. The purpose is to provide encouragement to stay active and work toward living a healthy lifestyle.

Happy Easter!

This week:
Walked 1-2 daily (walking dogs)
Biked twice

Mostly just tried not to go stir crazy.
right?

I have been walking every day even when it's super windy! yesterday I wore my winter coat even though it was 60 degrees or so because the wind was fierce and I was glad to have it. a couple of times I was in a sheltered spot and felt warm enough to unzip, but then back in the wind again!

one thing I do when my brain says "don't wanna" is tell myself I can just do the 15 minute walk. from my apartment, I go over to the high school and walk around it, takes about 15 minutes (and it's .6 miles).

BUT I set my pedometer and while I sometimes only do the 15 minutes (better than nothing!) I often keep going once I'm out there.

right?

one thing I do when my brain says "don't wanna" is tell myself I can just do the 15 minute walk. from my apartment, I go over to the high school and walk around it, takes about 15 minutes (and it's .6 miles).

I have had to use a lot of self-talk recently too because I am overwhelmed with "at home" computer work as well as everything else. I tell myself, "Just do one thing. Just one thing." Once I get going, I get a little momentum going.

Yesterday I stayed home all day but managed to get my Fitbit goal of 5000 steps in by taking the stairs in my high rise and walking the flats for about 20 minutes in addition to my normal movements. 277 lb me had a hard time breathing taking stairs.

Yesterday I stayed home all day but managed to get my Fitbit goal of 5000 steps in by taking the stairs in my high rise and walking the flats for about 20 minutes in addition to my normal movements. 277 lb me had a hard time breathing taking stairs.

Good for you! Isn't it amazing how much easier stairs become with less weight?!

I walked 5 days this week. Thankfully the hour I spend walking helps me meditate and keep calm. The weather has been all over the place temperature wise. I have been listening to music and avoiding the news. It has greatly reduced my anxiety.

I walked 5 days this week. Thankfully the hour I spend walking helps me meditate and keep calm. The weather has been all over the place temperature wise. I have been listening to music and avoiding the news. It has greatly reduced my anxiety.

Good for you! A little less news and more meditation help everything.

Latest posts

Back