2 Year Surgiversary!

LizJ

Crazy Dog Mom!
This Thursday will be my 2 year Surgiversary. I can't believe it's already two years and that I'm way below goal! I hit my 3 year goal at 18 months, then my 5 year goal at 20 months! I'm a size 8, I haven't been a signal digit since I was 4 years old! (kidding) My goal was to be a size 16 or maybe a 14 and be under 200lbs. WLS goal was my 3 year goal, they told me it would take that long to lose that much weight.

Currently I'm working on maintenance over the holidays then I would like to get down 5 more pounds. I find that I'll hang around a weight, just going up & down by a few pounds before dropping weight again, which is what I'm doing right now.

Went to my surgeon's office for my 2 year check up last week. I didn't know that I was one of the first 10 DS patients for their office, I'm actually shocked. They were so happy with all my test results, thought my current weight was amazing. It was kind of weird when I got there because people keep coming up to the waiting room to look around, found out they were looking at me. My visit should have been 30 minutes, it lasted almost an hour. They asked tons of questions and wanted to know what I was doing, what I felt help me be so successful. FYI, they hadn't seen me since my 3 month check up as I had changed to a different office but my new doctor moved out of state so I went back to my WLS.

I told them about the support group I had found that I felt helped a ton, the forms online, VitaLady, and Keto/Atkins/low carb way of eating. Seems they knew about most of the things I'm using but don't tell the clients about them as of yet. I was a bit shocked that they knew about all that stuff but didn't put it on any of their handouts. Also found out they been advised that support groups help all WLP do better after surgery and that they should offer more than just one a month. That was part of the reason I changed office, the other one is closer but has 4 support group classes I can go to. (They even still let me go even with my doctor leaving and me going back to my WLS.) I think part of it as it doesn't cost them any more or less with me going or not and they know I left because they don't have a doctor that does the DS at this time.

Moving forward I'm trying to keep a handle on regain so it doesn't happen or if it does, it will be minimal. Keeping my steps up, water intake, protein up, carbs down, and gym visits basically the same unless I keep losing too much or start to regain THEN I'll adjust to get me back to my long term goal.

Question for those of you further out. How much do you fluctuate with your weight? Up and down by a few pounds or is it more? Mine seem to be a 5 pound range, up or down 2 pounds either way.

Happy Surgiversary!!

:banana:

Seems they knew about most of the things I'm using but don't tell the clients about them as of yet. I was a bit shocked that they knew about all that stuff but didn't put it on any of their handouts.

don't they want people to be successful?
:dontknow:

Happy Surgiversary!!

:banana:

don't they want people to be successful?
:dontknow:
I think part of it is they sell bariatric vitamins and the other, they are going to start a sype group. I honestly have this this at both offices, they only recommend bariatric vitamins, which I think isn't very bright if you take the time to research them. It would be great if WLS offices had a successful WLS client on staff for people to talk to about the journey. o_O

Latest posts

Back