1st political post of the day...

Spiky Bugger

On a FB page...

Trump: Californians are rioting against sanctuary cities.

A Police Dept 911 Operator: Uhm. Ok. But you'd think someone would have called THAT in.

A Dodger fan teacher: He's so confused. Those were lines at Lids and Dick's Sporting Goods to buy Dodger World Series hats.

Last edited:
Not only are the Trumpanzees not put off by his grotesque and obvious lies, they love it. It is despicable.

More despicable, IMHO, are those from various factions who excuse his behavior because they think, mostly incorrectly, that there's something in this for them.

But, yeah...the lies. Some jerks posted hysterically about how we were all going into poverty to feed, clothe and house these 5000-7000 "caravan" members.

Uhm...except that there are THOUSANDS of jobs, right now, for farm workers, meat processing plant workers, lobster industry folks, roofers, landscapers, fast food workers, restaurants workers, nursing home caregivers, even car wash guys...jobs most American--even hungry ones--avoid.

DianaCox Just a gentle nudge to help your Senate candidate. I'm actually going to visit my parents in FL to help get out the vote, since FL swings and there is a Senate, Governor's, AG races I would like the Dems to win.

I’ve determined to be “that” person in my HOA. Pushing the limits. Changing some of the unnecessarily restrictive rules if possible.

Flags. There was an HOA case a few years ago in another Phoenix suburb over flying the Tea Party symbol Gadsden (“Don’t Tread on Me”) flag. The ACLU supported the homeowner. Then the AZ legislature changed the law to include the Gadsden flag as one that an HOA cannot stop a homeowner from flying. There are a few assholes in my HOA who are flying it in their yards.

So I looked at the AZ statute and it includes in its protections the US flag, military service flags, POA flag, and flags of AZ Native American Nations.

Turns out the Navajo flag has a big rainbow on it. Guess what’s flying on our house?

I see your point, but honestly, as a board member of our HOA and dealing with these issues all the time, Federal and State laws trump the HOA rules.

If the sign said Cruz and not Beto, I would feel the same way. You can be part of an HOA, but it's still your house and you still are protected by state and federal laws. And free speech matters as we all know.

In any event, I suspect this was political and had little to do with how ugly the sign was. And if I was a home owner, I would say, well the sign is down in 2 weeks, whatever. But, that is the issue of it being political.

The homeowner was smart. Look at all the PR they got for their ugly sign and get the word out on Beto.

You know, I have found my HOA to actually be pretty reasonable about changing rules, what I find hard is navigating the personalities. It's the woman who said she will do everything, does not do it, wont delegate it and wont give it up that I'm ready to kill. Can she please move.

Latest posts

Back