15 year surgiversary

OK, Part B dates for Charles and me have been corrected. Still waiting on paperwork coming by snail mail to sign up for autopay for all the plans except Charles' Part B (coming out of SS check) and his Part D (they did it over the phone).

Our 2007 Jeep has a recall (for a suspension issue) - parts on order. I just got my 2005 Infiniti airbag recall taken care of. RV has to be moved to our new storage area as soon as it opens (costs almost 3x as much per month, but the sites are under a carport instead of out in the open, and have electricity for trickle charging, and the community lot is ridiculously unprotected - they shut off the security system because rabbits kept setting it off and people's RVs have been broken into multiple times). Charles has daily treatments (5 days/week) for the next 6 months. I have doctor's appointments today and tomorrow. Prosthedontist appointments for both of us next week. In September and October, I've already got appointments scheduled for annual physical, liver doc, and neurologist for baseline testing. It's like painting the Golden Gate Bridge - when you finish one round of taking care of everything, go back to the beginning and start over!

It's a good thing that I'm only working part time, because taking care of this kind of SHIT is a nearly full-time job.

I'm hoping Charles can travel for the balloon festival RV trip in October - I need a vacay. And then we're supposed to go to Gilroy (SF South Bay area) for Thanksgiving. But it all depends on how he's feeling.
Wow! Just wow!

Diana, you look really great! That pretty violet color is good on you and I agree the smile is so real on your face, it makes me smile too. You and Liz are both members of the long hair club these days and are rockin’ it! Congrats on 15 years and a huge heartfelt thank you for doing all you do to help myself and so many others. I hope you get to take the rv trip that is tentatively planned!

You and Liz are both members of the long hair club these days and are rockin’ it!
Diana's looks better than mine...mine is growing out goofy. It's like I stuck my finger in an electric socket. I know it's the humidity and it will be this fall before I get another hair cut. TRYING to get mine all one length.

My very fine, but abundant, very straight hair is now kind of thicker, rougher and maybe a bit wavy, and is drier and has more body than before - but it might be mostly because the hair color my hairdresser has been using kind of damaging it - I'm good with it though, because it's easier to manage and for the first time in my life, I can go 6 days without washing my hair. In fact, it's got about an inch of outgrowth (and grey) and it's kind of more limp and flat. Time to call for cut and color ...

I totally love having long hair again: I find it less work than short hair. because every time I sleep on short hair it needs fixing. long hair, I can brush and go.

and I feel more girly, you know?:rolleyes:

I’m putting mine in a ponytail or bun. I need to get back to drying it with a round brush to let it go loose.

Trim and color on Monday (yikes! 6 months since the last time!). Maybe another pic after.

Late to the party, but congratulations on your surgiversary. Your success and frank way of sharing it were a bit part of reassuring me that this was the right surgery for me. Thanks for all you've done for the DS community since - we're lucky to have you!

Latest posts

Back