10 Weeks Post Op Report

BrianChesteen

Glad to be a Loser!
So here I am 10 weeks out...

Weight loss:
Lost 74lbs so far. Still averaging 5lbs a week for 6 weeks. Many NSV's the past few weeks!

wZYhClZ.png

Diet:
Eating typical "early weight loss phase" DS diet. All that means is I am averaging ~ 50g of carbs, getting at least 75-100g of protein and moderate fat. My wife tells me that I have ketosis breath/stink so it must be working.
357hrn6.png

2eeaosw.png

2ekuskl.png

Vites:
Religiously taking my modified VitaLady regimen.

Meds:
Had to reduce my Atenolol BP med last week. BP has been running low for me and the PCP cut my dose in half. The hope is that I will be able to come off of it completely eventually.

Exercise:
Exercise has sort of become an obsession. I feel really good after hitting it hard and so I think I will keep it up! I am doing a combination of walking at a fast pace and jogging. I do the treadmill with incline at home when the weather is crappy and try to get outside when I can. I am working up to a 5K soon. I want to jog as much of it as I can so that has been my training goal. I have a ways to go before will reach that goal but I am hitting the interval training hard with high hopes!
10z622q.png

Issues:
Still have a touch of gout in my right big toe. I am just dealing with it...
Had something painful work its way thru my colon again. Same as before, started top of left abdomen, worked its way down then across to center and out. Used Miralax to help ease the exit.
Waiting to see the sleep Dr. to go over the results of another sleep study they did on me to see if they can lower my CPAP pressure. The earliest appt. I could get is 4/1. I am convinced the thing is pumping air thru me at night.

Conclusion:
Working on increasing my protein and keeping an eye on the average carb consumption. I have not focused much on Fat intake at this point. It just ends up where it ends up. If I start getting plugged up more often, I will increase it as needed.

Last edited:
Hahaha, @southernlady, how did you ever guess? Yep I am the plant electrical engineer at Bush Brothers (Roll that beautiful bean footage)....

Actually all of this is easy to do with the tools available to us for free. All I have to do is enter in my weight and the food I eat and out comes these reports. TickerFactory and My Fittness Pal do all the work.

Hahaha, @southernlady, how did you ever guess? Yep I am the plant electrical engineer at Bush Brothers (Roll that beautiful bean footage)....

Actually all of this is easy to do with the tools available to us for free. All I have to do is enter in my weight and the food I eat and out comes these reports. TickerFactory and My Fittness Pal do all the work.
LOL, that is because I live with an engineer..mechanical by training, nuclear by trade. Now retired due to medical issues.

Brian, you are doing so fantastic!

I am just a little less than two weeks behind you. We are getting a similar amount of carbs, mine is usually under 45 and I have not gone over 50 yet. I am getting a bit more protein, I start every day now with a 51 gram shake so I usually make it over 100 grams for the day. I am getting a bit more fat than you are though. I lean toward constipation so I want to keep it up around 70+. I am not exercising like you are whew, you are an inspiration! I will have to keep up with the Brian's of the world.

Great job!!

@BrianChesteen as long as you aren't constipated, your fat is at an appropriate level for you BUT if you do start getting constipated, ADD MORE FAT!

Will do. I have never been plugged up but I have had two cases where something painful moved thru my colon. I have seen evidence of extra fat in the bathroom a couple times but not consistently. If it ever becomes an issue, I will increase the fat intake.

Latest posts

Back