¡FELIZ FESTIVUS!

Spiky Bugger

Grab your undecorated aluminum pole, nail a bag with a clock inside to a wall or fence, and air your grievances...to family members or here! (But if you want to go political, it can't stay in this forum.)

Here are two grievances:
1--For reasons unknown, I was watching old Carrie Fisher interviews on YouTube and raving about how smart she is. Right now, I don't even know if we can speak of her in the present tense. Damn.

2--My BIL is really very ill. He needs an implanted cardiac device. He also is very anemic and needs a colonoscopy and endoscopy which were scheduled for today. GI Jerk started him on the prep, KNOWING THAT THE CARDIO DOC SAID THAT THE PROCEDURE HAD TO BE PERFORMED IN AN ACUTE CARE HOSPITAL BECAUSE BIL IS TOUCH AND GO. The evening before the procedure, GI Jerk says he won't go to the hospital; he does his procedures in the ambulatory surgery place. I so wanna shove my Festivus pole up HIS ass.

And you?

Last edited:
If that Festivus pole is flexible and has an attached camera, you could give that GI guy his own colonoscopy.

Just goes to show how my sad little mind works, and hopefully provide at least a touch of humor to a sad situation.

gah what is wrong with GI guy :angry smile:

and, Carrie Fisher? I don't see anything new this morning but saw a clip on CBS where they referred to her career in the past tense. :frown:

My mother and I saw her 1 woman show on Broadway. We laughed ourselves silly.

Sorry to hear about your BIL.

Need us to hold the GI doc still for you?

As for Carrie Fisher, latest word is she is stable.

I saw that, but I also saw:

Update 2 (December 23, 9:00 PM ET): Speaking with Variety, Carrie’s brother Todd Fisher denied earlier reports that his sister is in stable condition:

“She’s in the ICU and everybody’s praying for her,” he said over the phone. “There’s nothing new from the doctors. There’s nothing new at all. … There’s no good news or bad news.”

Todd Fisher said media outlets are “writing between the lines” in reporting that she’s now in stable condition.

And in separate comments from ET Canada, Todd said of the now incorrect AP report (seen below in Update 1):

“I don’t know where they got that word from. That is absolutely not even close to the truth. We don’t know. We hope for the best. We certainly do not know her condition, that’s why she is in ICU. I’m sure everyone wants to speculate but now is not the time for that.”

I saw that, but I also saw:

Update 2 (December 23, 9:00 PM ET): Speaking with Variety, Carrie’s brother Todd Fisher denied earlier reports that his sister is in stable condition:

“She’s in the ICU and everybody’s praying for her,” he said over the phone. “There’s nothing new from the doctors. There’s nothing new at all. … There’s no good news or bad news.”

Todd Fisher said media outlets are “writing between the lines” in reporting that she’s now in stable condition.

And in separate comments from ET Canada, Todd said of the now incorrect AP report (seen below in Update 1):

“I don’t know where they got that word from. That is absolutely not even close to the truth. We don’t know. We hope for the best. We certainly do not know her condition, that’s why she is in ICU. I’m sure everyone wants to speculate but now is not the time for that.”
She probably is stable for now, which isn't good or bad. Just not any worse or better than an hour ago.

Latest posts

Back