You can't make this shit up - SMH - surgery tomorrow

I just got out of phase 1 recovery. Nausea was horrible today for some reason buy much better now. Should be leaving soon.

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers.

Okay since we are open books I will share this lovely TMI statement. When I woke up in Phase 1 I told the nurses I need to poop. Well she looked and i already had done. LOL how they didn't smell a DS shit bed before then is beyond me. I felt terrible because they cleaned me up and acted like it was just no big deal like getting somebody a glass of water. I apologized profusely and they were like, pleasee this is what we do so don't worry. All of the nurses and techs were just fantastic today.

Okay since we are open books I will share this lovely TMI statement. When I woke up in Phase 1 I told the nurses I need to poop. Well she looked and i already had done. LOL how they didn't smell a DS shit bed before then is beyond me. I felt terrible because they cleaned me up and acted like it was just no big deal like getting somebody a glass of water. I apologized profusely and they were like, pleasee this is what we do so don't worry. All of the nurses and techs were just fantastic today.
Yeah, it is their job. My TMI: ever have a barium contrast x-ray of your colon? That is a mother to keep in. Did it once very successfully, but the second time the tech said I wasn't the first who couldn't hold it and I won't be the last. Maybe not as stinky as a DS poop, but it was a mess to clean up. (I think the reason the first was so successful because the guy administering it was way cute and I was in my early 20's. I asked if I really had to stick it in me. He said if I didn't, he would. Let a cute guy see my bum and stick something up it? No way. Now I'm too old to give a damned who sees it.)

Feel better now?:laugh:

Hahahaha! Thanks. I have done barium swallow but haven't "swallowed barium" from the other end. :p

Thanks so much my friend. I will get you updated as soon as possible. Procedure is at 1:45 so that is going to suck but I am glad I am getting in. I just let Ara know that I am getting the surgery and his redponse:

Hello
Thank you for the update- once this is done you will be like the iron man with a prosthetic shield!
Ara

Lol he is a hoot sometimes.

he is .....for sure......my gosh....talk about the surgery revolving door lately for you.....

Well, now aren't you a real mesh?

I hope you are feeling better very soon!
I swear I replied to this yesterday.

Thanks Mom! I am healing pretty well, I think. Had my first poop last night and have gone another time. That wasnt fun as the groin muscles where the hernias were at were screaming when bearing down. I was a little towards the constipated side so had to push a little , but I am trying very hard not to force anything. I am trying to balance the need for pain meds and not being constipated so I am going to try to do only ibuprofen today.

So now the fun part. The nurse told me that there would likely be some swelling and blood pooling. Well she wasn't telling lies. Holy blue balls Batman! My scrotum is rather large and purple. The groin is kind of numb but definitely sore from the incisions.

By and large I think I am recovering well. I was able to go out for lunch and dinner, as well as take our dogs out. Maverick is a 75 pound moose who is gentle as a lamb but if he sees a squirrel or something he can pull you across the yard. He has been good for me doing his business and not trying to chase. I was worried about that because that wouldn't be good if he took off.

Latest posts

Back